• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Order at table send to kitchen app

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A restaurant near me has this set up.
    On each table is a QR code, scan this and it takes you to a website, put in your table number and then order your food and pay.
    It works really well.
    I believe they use this: https://www.omnifi.co.uk/

Comment

I spent a good 30s trying to scan into a bar with the test'n'trace app the other week, before realising it was a QR code for something like that
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
        A restaurant near me has this set up.
        On each table is a QR code, scan this and it takes you to a website, put in your table number and then order your food and pay.
        It works really well.
        I believe they use this: https://www.omnifi.co.uk/

The First lounge at LHR T5 has a similar thing. Their QR codes include the table number so there's no risk of a typo. In some ways the order by app and table service is better but in other ways, it's annoying because you can't select just the sandwiches you like from the afternoon tea selection. It's also a bit discriminatory against folk who don't have smartphones.

Comment

Originally posted by maxthecontractor

I agree with this. Therefore, you should use Asana which has plenty of checklists and features (such as editing orders or adding customization) that update in real time. It's a good project management tool, not just for restaurants, but also for all kinds of businesses.

However, if you want one for restaurant staff specifically, then I suggest BevSpot because it also takes into account your kitchen and bar inventory. I've also had a good experience with Chowly. It's a combination of third-party ordering platforms like Grubhub with a traditional P.O.S. system.

Here's a website that has more productivity apps for your restaurant.
          Please don't 'help' any of my local small restaurants like this.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The First lounge at LHR T5 has a similar thing. Their QR codes include the table number so there's no risk of a typo. In some ways the order by app and table service is better but in other ways, it's annoying because you can't select just the sandwiches you like from the afternoon tea selection. It's also a bit discriminatory against folk who don't have smartphones.
            Not bad if you want to cut out the human element entirely. I've been impressed with the new touch-screen menu thingies in McDonalds too - largely they work as you'd expect unlike for instance self-serve supermarket checkouts.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post

Not bad if you want to cut out the human element entirely. I've been impressed with the new touch-screen menu thingies in McDonalds too - largely they work as you'd expect unlike for instance self-serve supermarket checkouts.
              I'm glad you like them. I won't be touching them.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-f...ested-8178486/
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I'm glad you like them. I won't be touching them.

Your link went squirly

Comment

Everything is dirty. It's in the nature of things. Wash your hands afterwards, as you should do before eating anyway.

Comment

Working...
                  X