• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipad pro M1 2021

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipad pro M1 2021

Anyone that is as excited as me about this one?

Had previously the '18 generation with pencil, very good experience with OneNote. Pencil is as effective as pen on paper and with more features.

Casually taking notes or media consumption. Easy to read articles. Looking at memes, I have a laptop but it's difficult to keep it in bed/sofa next to you.

Currently waiting to see what the reviews say, some complains about light bleeding on dark backgrounds but overall solid. Great screen.

Is this a brand new product, I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned?

If it's running M1 does that mean you can run the proper OS on it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Is this a brand new product, I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned?

If it's running M1 does that mean you can run the proper OS on it?
      Nope - it's just the latest iPad pro which now has an M1 cpu inside it.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you are an Apple Fan Boi you'd be just as excited if they'd given you a referbished Samsung Tablet with an Apple Logo on the back. No point discussing it with you.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I couldn't be less excited

Comment

my first thought, is that the 8 core M1 CPU (Equivalent to an Intel I7) seems vastly over powered for an iPad. I would be interested to hear of any work flows that would use that amount of power on a tablet. I guess it gives Apple bragging rights. Perhaps those doing video editing, or CAD work would benefit from having this power on a tablet, but most are probably using M1 MacBook Pros already. I would also wonder if the tools, that most video editing/CAD pros use are available on IOS?

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
              my first thought, is that the 8 core M1 CPU (Equivalent to an Intel I7) seems vastly over powered for an iPad. I would be interested to hear of any work flows that would use that amount of power on a tablet. I guess it gives Apple bragging rights. Perhaps those doing video editing, or CAD work would benefit from having this power on a tablet, but most are probably using M1 MacBook Pros already. I would also wonder if the tools, that most video editing/CAD pros use are available on IOS?
              What's it matter what it can or can do? Fanboi's will buy it whatever.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There are some fairly substantial programs that have iPad versions. I'm aware of some in the audio/music production space and I assume things like Photoshop are similar. However it is presumably great for gaming - the iPad Pro has a big enough screen after all.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X