• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terminology....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The comms person I have is expecting me to supply the text.

I am "this close" to having a full on rant because I'm working with a comms person who nit picks, contradicts themselves, changes the text then complains about it, then tells me my micro site can't look corporate then tells me off for not using corporate imagery etc etc etc etc

You have got the email trails relating to this and are carefully forwarding the ones where she contradicts herself as you send a short email to confirm your new understanding?

I thought you knew how to play this type of game...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You have got the email trails relating to this and are carefully forwarding the ones where she contradicts herself as you send a short email to confirm your new understanding?

I thought you knew how to play this type of game...
      Better than that, it's all in a shared document on Teams

Comment

Better than that, it's all in a shared document on Teams
        In which case one example you need to use will be Teams shared document folders...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

In which case one example you need to use will be Teams shared document folders...
          Migrating Teams is next up but that's a tenant to tenant migration so we just need to identify which ones to move, fortunately.

Comment

To appease a comms person I need a friendly explanation of what a network share is. I've mentioned it's sometimes called 'shared network drive', 'mapped drive' etc but the comms person is insistent that no-one outside IT knows what those terms mean and I must provide a different description.

I'm stumped, what would you describe such a thing as?
            An electronic shared filing cabinet where multiple, approved people only, have keys to access, retrieve, or store, information/data/filing cabinet contents??
            Just trying to keep it as simple as possible.
            Clarity is everything

Comment

I am "this close"
              Why? Take the smegger out.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ended up calling it a 'shared network drive' and then describing it as 'storage that is not on your computer and requires you to be on the corporate network (either in the office or on the VPN) in order to access it' with an example screen shot to show the Network Locations section under My PC.

At least they're all on Win10 so I don't have to consider Mac or other nonsense.

Comment

To get back to non it English,"Where do you keep files in Explorer that other people in your team can also see".

If your comms guy can't cope with that, take it upstairs...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    To get back to non it English,"Where do you keep files in Explorer that other people in your team can also see".

If your comms guy can't cope with that, take it upstairs...
                    What's Explorer?

(that would be their next question)

Comment

What's Explorer?

(that would be their next question)
                      All right, "where do you save files that others in your team/department/company can see and share?"...

If they can't answer that, there's no point in asking then.

Also this is an AD admin question, who should have all these things mapped already.
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X