• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone with Phillips Hue bulbs....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with Phillips Hue bulbs....

Do you ever use the 16.4m colour options, or is it just a gimmick and I should stick with the cheaper white only version?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I don't own such a thing. It's a gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Do you ever use the 16.4m colour options, or is it just a gimmick and I should stick with the cheaper white only version?
      Not Hue but I put strip LED's under the kitchen cupboards and around a scoffolding wardrobe type thing in the kids wardrobe. I opted for the 16m colours for the coolness. Turned it on, flicked through the colours, set a colour and haven't changed since. Fun for about 20 secs, waste of time for the rest.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Not Hue but I put strip LED's under the kitchen cupboards and around a scoffolding wardrobe type thing in the kids wardrobe. I opted for the 16m colours for the coolness. Turned it on, flicked through the colours, set a colour and haven't changed since. Fun for about 20 secs, waste of time for the rest.
        That’s my thinking, yes I can set the RGB in my lights, in the strips and the GPU, but why would I ever want to [emoji23]

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I have been using Hue for years and realised that I don't use colours at all. On the contrary, colour bulbs fitted in my daughter's room has seen its fair share of usage.

Kids/Teens use colour bulbs at least 4-5 times a week :-). For me, it's was like buying a 3D TV and never used 3D features.

Comment

Presumably colours lets you tune how bright/warm white it is too? I hate these 4000-6000K ones, 3000K is perfect IMO.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Presumably colours lets you tune how bright/warm white it is too? I hate these 4000-6000K ones, 3000K is perfect IMO.
              They have an "ambiance" range which lets you set the warmth of the light but by all accounts it can be done just as well on the basic white ones

Comment

The colour ones are typically a gimmick unless you're in the adult industry and want to tell punters when you're open for business.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                  The colour ones are typically a gimmick unless you're in the adult industry and want to tell punters when you're open for business.
                  Handy for Christmas or if you have a party (remember those) I suppose. Instant decorations without a trip to the attic.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X