• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a new tellybox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
    I have a Samsung, curved LCD, 4K HDR etc, picture quality is great, however the software is absolute garbage - slow, forcing their crap channels etc. It was marginally better when I got it, with each software update it gets worse.
    Once a Samsung TV model year has been out of production for a year or so they stop sending updates

But as commented already on this thread you really need a TV stick (roku, sky, amazon, apple) to separate the software from the TV itself.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Once a Samsung TV model year has been out of production for a year or so they stop sending updates

But as commented already on this thread you really need a TV stick (roku, sky, amazon, apple) to separate the software from the TV itself.
      Sure, I have the Roku, in terms of reviewing the TV In isolation: Samsung software is garbage.

Comment

New tellybox arrives today

Sods law says I'll be in a meeting when they turn up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          New tellybox arrives today

Sods law says I'll be in a meeting when they turn up.
          Tis always the way...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
            Sure, I have the Roku, in terms of reviewing the TV In isolation: Samsung software is garbage.
            Roku are a good choice and I had it on my old setup. Web OS on LG is very good and I have not felt the need to get an upgraded Roku yet.
            Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Tellybox has arrived. Despite it being a larger screen, the smaller bezel means it takes up no more room than my old one. It's also way lighter to lift.

Stand fitted and it's all plugged in. Sadly I have that work stuff to do so will do the set up later.

Entertaining to discover that the instructions for using the remote are on the TV... One of the complaints about the TV was that this and the overall manual are on the TV and not sent in the plethora of bits of paper that it ships with. They included three copies of a leaflet instructing me how to control the TV with Alexa though, which was nice.

Comment

Do you know any teenagers to set it up and tell you how to use it now?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Do you know any teenagers to set it up and tell you how to use it now?
                  I'm not that old!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I'm not that old!
                    If you need an instruction manual, I'm afraid you are

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      If you need an instruction manual, I'm afraid you are
                      I didn't say I needed one. I was merely observing the presence (or lack of)

Comment

Working...
                      X