• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hacking B&Q's virtual queue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least you don't have to sit on the website waiting, it remembers you (presumably your device).

Luckily our local builders' merchant reopened, B&Q is so awful at the bet of times. At least ours is.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

It's a technical question. Personally I wouldn't entertain artificial queueing like that.

There's a cookie there from Kingfisher queuing management system which contains a GUID - leading me to believe that the time stamp is kept on their servers.

Comment

Anyone who'd like to skip the queue, this one will be let through at 1:10pm

Queue ID: 908c3ed4-c43f-48ee-a2c4-6eee31f5f4a1

Comment

Originally posted by zazou View Post

Confirmed working - nicely played!

Comment

FYI - B&Q Stores are now open

I got a much quicker delivery time from Longacres and Wickes for my Garden Compost / Soil supplies btw.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

This could be the new bog rolls. B&Q Queue Id's on sale on eBay for silly money.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                FYI - B&Q Stores are now open

I got a much quicker delivery time from Longacres and Wickes for my Garden Compost / Soil supplies btw.
                Not all of their stores. We found Wickes queue was shorter too.

We have a lovely local hardware store like something from the 50s in the next village.

So does Kingfisher Group own ALL the leading DIY stores in the UK?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Isn't Screwfix part of the same group too?

EDIT: Yep. Looks like Kingfisher own most DIY stuff:

Our brands

Comment

Can’t help but be impressed.

*tips hat*
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I just drive to my local DIY store, get a trolley, wait in the queue (in the sun) and hey presto, after a few minutes I can buy what I want...I did look at their 'Click and Collect' and it was same day so I think I'll use that next time.
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X