• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recent OnePlus phones... much cop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting - just the thing I am in the market for - looks like the Nokia 6 (or even 6.1 apparently) is the way to go at just under £200.

I was looking at the Honor 9 lite but it maybe a bit flimsy...
    Take a look at the Nokia then, it has a very nice alloy body. Feels very well screwed together for the money. Android One is very nice too. A worthy Nexus 5 replacement.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
      Unless it's desperate I'd leave it a few weeks - oneplus 6t is due out around October 14 so prices of used 5/5T/6 should drop.

Looks like October 17th it is - one day after Huawei have their launch event.
      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Well, it kind of depends. The died in the wool fanbois will no doubt buy Apple no matter the price. But when I can get perhaps four of my really very good Nokia Android phones for the price of one Apple device, I can't help feeling something is a little out of balance here. I can think of nothing the Nokia 6 (or the slightly pricier 8) doesn't do. Why on earth I would shell a thousand quid on a mobile phone is beyond my comprehension I'm afraid to say.

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        It's "dyed in the wool".
        They might be necrophiliacs and have a thing about sheep?

Weird bunch those Apple fanbois...
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

None of your 4 mid-range Android phones will be able to access the Apple App Store. For some that's a big deal.

I also doubt they have the same specs - I personally don't see the need for super-powerful CPUs and GPUs and 4k displays but you'd have to compare iPhone with high-end Androids to be completely fair, and they are not 1/4 of the price by far.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

All I’d be after is better sound quality than my work’s Samsung A5, which i suspect wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              All I’d be after is better sound quality than my work’s Samsung A5, which i suspect wouldn’t be too difficult to achieve.
              Ah well, what you need is a modest but good Android phone (Nokia 6 or 8). Spend the money saved on not buying an Apple handset on a couple of Sonos 1's. Set up Apple Music (or whatever) on said android phone, stream music to Sonos 1's. Sorted. Very nice too and all for much less than a new iPhone.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
                If you want the 6 then I think that you'll see the website having them out of stock from the start of next month (which is what they did with previous models) though you might be able to pick one up at O2 or somewhere like that still.
                The 6 is now completely sold out in France, Spain, Germany, Austria, Italy, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus.

UK is out of stock for three of the five models available now.
                I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Working...
                X