• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft Professional 2016 Installed, what is email address its registered to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Professional 2016 Installed, what is email address its registered to?

Microsoft Professional 2016 Installed
    So quite a while ago I installed MS Office, I had to create a Microsoft email account to do so, noted down the password of that account (which I generated just for that purpose), and never thought any more of it.
    Now it comes time to revisit this I cannot remember the name of the email address I used to register Office with. I had assumed I would be able to tell from Office, such as File->Account->Product Info but horror of horrors it doesn’t show the email address the product is registered to (like its says it will helpfully but incorrectly on the Microsoft help site).
    Any ideas how to find out the email address office 2016 is registered to? Is it in the registry somewhere? Or where?

Did you pay with Paypal? Maybe you could contact MS with the PayPal Billing ID on your payment record.

Seems to work for Netflix anyway:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/17491
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Is this page any help?

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...6-bc63ee2425a8
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If you have the subscription version then just open Word and go File > Account and it tells you on the right hand side of the page what the account is, including a link to manage the account.

(Note - sometimes the user information and account information can / will be different. They are on mine at the moment.)
        I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

You have to log in with your email. Only 1st two letters is shown on mine but maybe should jog the OP's memory.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            it would be if what is suggested worked, which it doesnt

just returns with a screen not showing email address...

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
              If you have the subscription version then just open Word and go File > Account and it tells you on the right hand side of the page what the account is, including a link to manage the account.

(Note - sometimes the user information and account information can / will be different. They are on mine at the moment.)
              bought as a one off licence not subscription

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                You have to log in with your email. Only 1st two letters is shown on mine but maybe should jog the OP's memory.
                nope on mine it shows none of the email address at all...

Comment

I have Office Pro 2016 installed and when I launch Word, my name, photo and email address are in the top right corner.

Comment

Not sure if it's anything to do with Office but a regedit search did find a folder:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Id entityCRL\StoredIdentities\<xoggoth>@btinternet.co m
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X