• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows keyboard screw up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows keyboard screw up

Anyone else having problems since the latest big Windows 10 update?

Some important characters like @ and " keep swapping around. Windows key + space fixes it by changing back to UK English but then US English layout comes back when I next start up.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Anyone else having problems since the latest big Windows 10 update?

Some important characters like @ and " keep swapping around. Windows key + space fixes it by changing back to UK English but then US English layout comes back when I next start up.
    Resistance is useless! - you WILL type in Amurkan!

feckin WinDoze

Comment

At least it's not in Chinese.

Control panel/region/language preferences allows you to move UK to top above US. Maybe that sets the default, will see when I next start.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Resistance is useless! - you WILL type in Amurkan!
        This is probably it. I have a Swiss keyboard layout. Works fine.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have disabled the updates and haven't installed the latest bug pack, but what happens when you completely remove the US, does it come back?

Comment

Have US and UK language settings which can't remove, problem was US language was the default. My suggestion above sorts it.

Not only problem since updates, clicking refresh over and over again in EDGE does not always refresh page.

These updates are all a load of crap anyway, unless you want to speak to your PC, copy stuff to lots of different devices etc. No use for me , I'm a dinosaur.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 14 May 2018, 09:57.
            bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Have US and UK language settings which can't remove, problem was US language was the default. My suggestion above sorts it.

Not only problem since updates, clicking refresh over and over again in EDGE does not always refresh page.

These updates are all a load of crap anyway, unless you want to speak to your PC, copy stuff to lots of different devices etc. No use for me , I'm a dinosaur.
              And stuff your hard drive full of krap you don't need/want.

Comment

Once you’ve set UK as the default you can remove US.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                X