• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New amp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth: https://www.inateck.com/uk/inateck-br1006-black.html

Comment

Go SONOS, once you get started you will end up having an immense (but costly) system
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Vox AC30 every time....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Vox AC30 every time....
          True, although I like my Laney LC60
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Go SONOS, once you get started you will end up having an immense (but costly) system
            I don't think I could ever go back to Old School. We recently picked up a Denon turntable and a Play 5 and it's immense.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Vox AC30 every time....
              Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              True, although I like my Laney LC60
              I don't normally need one, but i prefer being deafened by marshalls/ mesa boogies/ampegs

Comment

Just back from a practice, didn’t want to drown the sax section out, so was using a Vox Pathfinder as the pre-amp before shoving through the Yamaha 512 the band use for our PA (and on to Peavey cabs)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

if you like the amp, keep it and buy a pre-amp.
                  I'd strongly recommend that you get one that doubles up as a DAC as well (it has to have a DAC in it for the Bluetooth so you might as well be able to use it for other sources).
                  Modern DACs are hugely improved on even early 2000s units.

Something like this https://www.whathifi.com/news/musica...aptx-bluetooth

The improved DAC will massively improve all your old CDs (assuming you have a digital out).
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    if you like the amp, keep it and buy a pre-amp.
                    I'd strongly recommend that you get one that doubles up as a DAC as well (it has to have a DAC in it for the Bluetooth so you might as well be able to use it for other sources).
                    Modern DACs are hugely improved on even early 2000s units.

Something like this https://www.whathifi.com/news/musica...aptx-bluetooth

The improved DAC will massively improve all your old CDs (assuming you have a digital out).
                    That looks like interesting kit but I notice it is over five years old. A lot has happened the last five years. I imagine there are better/cheaper/more up to date units around now?

I really like the utter convenience and huge, easily accessible catalogue of playing apple music through a pair of Sono 1 speakers. But as a past Linn/Naim old school hi/fi owner, I wonder if there is an even better (sounding) way to listen to Apple music?
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                      That looks like interesting kit but I notice it is over five years old. A lot has happened the last five years. I imagine there are better/cheaper/more up to date units around now?

I really like the utter convenience and huge, easily accessible catalogue of playing apple music through a pair of Sono 1 speakers. But as a past Linn/Naim old school hi/fi owner, I wonder if there is an even better (sounding) way to listen to Apple music?
                      Indeed. It's over 5 years old so some market research is valuable.

Bluetooth is going out of fashion though (cos it's crap) so most good kit is based on USB (fibre-optic is generally poor due to timing issues with the protocol, and copper doesn't get the higher bit rates).
                      As for Apple Music.... Forget it. For HiFi you need Tidal or Qobuz (I hate the Qobuz interface). I use Tidal

EDIT: Deezer have recently launched a HiFi service that I'll be looking at.
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X