• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End-user facing bug reporting tool?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As we enter beta testing, our customer wants to be able to provide feedback in an efficient way (hurrah).
    We use Github for our internal issue tracker but don't feel it's something our end users would get on with as they are non-technical. In addition our product is very visual so it's certain feedback will often be based on screen-grabs or video clips, which need to be annotated with text, arrows, whatever.

Are there some good, web-based, (relatively) inexpensive tools out there that will meet all these needs, that anyone has used? Does this type of product have a specific name other than just "bug tracking?"
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    As we enter beta testing, our customer wants to be able to provide feedback in an efficient way (hurrah).
    We use Github for our internal issue tracker but don't feel it's something our end users would get on with as they are non-technical. In addition our product is very visual so it's certain feedback will often be based on screen-grabs or video clips, which need to be annotated with text, arrows, whatever.

Are there some good, web-based, (relatively) inexpensive tools out there that will meet all these needs, that anyone has used? Does this type of product have a specific name other than just "bug tracking?"

https://trello.com/ - easy to use and cheap. You can attach images, vids etc.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      https://trello.com/ - easy to use and cheap. You can attach images, vids etc.
      I've used it but not been that impressed, though maybe because at the time I was a developer and it was foisted upon us and developers don't like being told what to do
      The card-based approach worries me how it would manage hundreds of user-submitted feedback items though.

Would it allow users to annotate their screenshots - or even record videos - without external tools?

I'm trying to think what systems I end up using when submitting issues to company customer service departments.
      Last edited by d000hg; 27 February 2018, 11:41.

Comment

Found this (has integrations to GitHub, Trello, etc)

https://marker.io/

Comment

Hey d00hg, can I hijack this to ask if you have any user facing documentation tools? I use ClickHelp but it's got really pricey

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Isn't it usually the developers who end up facing a bug reporting tool? AKA the project manager?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Isn't it usually the developers who end up facing a bug reporting tool? AKA the project manager?

It's two faced

Comment

Or we end up looking it in the arse, as it dumps on us.

Comment

Working...
                X