• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fecking Netgear sucks Moan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a netgear internal wireless card it was a pile of crap getting dropping connection every 5 mins, upgraded to a netgear USB wireless adaptor holds the connection but fecking totally screwed me last night.

After been called out in the middle of night for work I found I couldnt login to work, after de-installing sh*t loads of stuff, java, BT yahoo, turns out the problem was the netgear install had set all the dir under user/document/settings/owner to fecking read-only and thats what was causing the problem. What a pile of pooh netgear is, not being a PC wizz shoud the document/setting dirs be read-only ?

I would not buy Netgear again. The modem is downstairs at front of house and wireless signal strength is not adequate for computers in bedrooms. It isn't Blenheim Palace FFS!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm quite happy with my Netgear stuff. No driver issues, but then I'm not running Windows. Haven't had a problem with distance either...
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
        I would not buy Netgear again. The modem is downstairs at front of house and wireless signal strength is not adequate for computers in bedrooms. It isn't Blenheim Palace FFS!
        I get the same with a 3com officeconnect. Fecking tulipe...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          I get the same with a 3com officeconnect. Fecking tulipe...

I had a similar problem with a 3Com box. Changed the USB arial on the remote PC from a crappy no brand jobbie to a pukka 3Com one and it solved the problems.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I didn't know you could speak Jamaican, moan!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Repeat after ZeitGhost: antennas are your friend... a good antenna is worth its weight in very expensive stuff.
              Or get a Thinkpad. Internal antenna is in the top flap, not inside the gubbins. Open up the laptop and your antenna is in effect standing way up in the air, as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                Or get a Thinkpad. Internal antenna is in the top flap, not inside the gubbins. Open up the laptop and your antenna is in effect standing way up in the air, as it should be.

Ok, you open your lap and it stands to attention. But what about the wireless connection?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  I had a similar problem with a 3Com box. Changed the USB arial on the remote PC from a crappy no brand jobbie to a pukka 3Com one and it solved the problems.
                  I prefer Persil USB m'self
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                  X