• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fecking Netgear sucks Moan"

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    I had a similar problem with a 3Com box. Changed the USB arial on the remote PC from a crappy no brand jobbie to a pukka 3Com one and it solved the problems.
    I prefer Persil USB m'self

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Or get a Thinkpad. Internal antenna is in the top flap, not inside the gubbins. Open up the laptop and your antenna is in effect standing way up in the air, as it should be.

Ok, you open your lap and it stands to attention. But what about the wireless connection?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Repeat after ZeitGhost: antennas are your friend... a good antenna is worth its weight in very expensive stuff.
    Or get a Thinkpad. Internal antenna is in the top flap, not inside the gubbins. Open up the laptop and your antenna is in effect standing way up in the air, as it should be.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Fecking Netgear sucks Moan

I didn't know you could speak Jamaican, moan!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ratewhore
    I get the same with a 3com officeconnect. Fecking tulipe...

I had a similar problem with a 3Com box. Changed the USB arial on the remote PC from a crappy no brand jobbie to a pukka 3Com one and it solved the problems.

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    I would not buy Netgear again. The modem is downstairs at front of house and wireless signal strength is not adequate for computers in bedrooms. It isn't Blenheim Palace FFS!
    I get the same with a 3com officeconnect. Fecking tulipe...

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I'm quite happy with my Netgear stuff. No driver issues, but then I'm not running Windows. Haven't had a problem with distance either...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I would not buy Netgear again. The modem is downstairs at front of house and wireless signal strength is not adequate for computers in bedrooms. It isn't Blenheim Palace FFS!

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    started a topic Fecking Netgear sucks Moan

Fecking Netgear sucks Moan

Had a netgear internal wireless card it was a pile of crap getting dropping connection every 5 mins, upgraded to a netgear USB wireless adaptor holds the connection but fecking totally screwed me last night.

After been called out in the middle of night for work I found I couldnt login to work, after de-installing sh*t loads of stuff, java, BT yahoo, turns out the problem was the netgear install had set all the dir under user/document/settings/owner to fecking read-only and thats what was causing the problem. What a pile of pooh netgear is, not being a PC wizz shoud the document/setting dirs be read-only ?

Working...
X