• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M.2 2242 SSD for T450s

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M.2 2242 SSD for T450s

Anyone install a M.2 2242 SSD in to their lenovo, specifically a T450s?

If so did it work and what make was it?

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Installed one of these in my Dell precision https://www.scan.co.uk/products/512g...0mb-s-250k-114

To say its fast is a slight understatement.....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Unfortunately I can't find the size for the T450s (2242) I'm not sure if Samsung do that size (not found any so far).

Cheers

qh

Comment

Good luck https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa.../td-p/2044083/ gives you a few options but it doesn't look good
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I've found the Lenovo forums handy for technical info on laptop upgrades for the various Lenovos I've had over the years.

Doing a google search for "lenovo forum T450s M.2" brings up the following (presuming it's ok to link to other forums ):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...D/td-p/2044083

May be a good starting point if nothing else, if you've not already tried that route.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Snap.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Cheers, I've read that thread, but seems to be sketchy at best.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Cheers, I've read that thread, but seems to be sketchy at best.

qh
                Scratch that, I hadn't read the other pages, so many threads to read I was confusing myself - doh!

Answer I'm looking for is either myDigital or ADATA.

Thanks chaps

qh

Comment

I've got a T400 with an SSD in it. Guy in a shop did it so dunno what's involved.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My T420s has two SSDs in it but the T450s is architectured differently and no room for two 2.5'' ssds but there is a slot for an m.2 ssd but I wish they'd keep things consistent.

qh

Comment

Working...
                    X