• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To (BT) Infinity and beyond!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they have seriously considered using sewers. However that & water both cause problems where there is only one pipe and something is broken.

But as mentioned above its the exchange to cabinet that makes the most sense now in reasonably populated areas, far out of town there is no money in it so it wont be done. The vast majority of the cabinets are fed by existing tunnels and the fibre is thinner than a normal single phone cable.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Cheers all, just had the drive re-done and the 'irish gentlemen' have snagged the phone line (BB is working fine) according to the Virgin guy that came out. He offered to sort it by digging up a bit of tarmac and replacing the wire, I told him no chance so taking this opportunity to move everything over to BT (currently have TV through SKY and phone/BB via Virgin) so long as no drive digging is required!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        I'd avoid it just like I'd avoid underfloor heating - the cost of ripping up your driveway to fix an internet connection issue seems ridiculous.
        I stand corrected, to the cabinet.

they normally mole the cables under the ground (although only just under the surface) same with gas pipe no need to dig up your front lawn, they normally only dig as a last resort

Comment

On another note anyone here uses PlusNet, seem much cheaper than BT even though it's the same company

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            On another note anyone here uses PlusNet, seem much cheaper than BT even though it's the same company
            PlusNet here. No complaints. I have YouView from them as well.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              PlusNet here. No complaints. I have YouView from them as well.

I switched from BT to PlusNet a few months ago. Their standard router is better than the BT ones (and smaller). Had no issues with them. They also send me a text/email monthly of my bill.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
              X