• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Converting M4P to MP3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting M4P to MP3

Hi

Can anyone recommend some good / safe (preferably free) software to convert iTunes M4P files to MP3?

I don't have access to iTunes, so I can't do it within that.

Thanks
    Moose

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Hi

Can anyone recommend some good / safe (preferably free) software to convert iTunes M4P files to MP3?

I don't have access to iTunes, so I can't do it within that.

Thanks
    Moose
    You mean de-DRM them?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      You mean de-DRM them?
      I don't know what that means

I mean I want to be able to play them on devices that aren't Apple (e.g. Windows Media Player, Android phone).

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
        I don't know what that means

I mean I want to be able to play them on devices that aren't Apple (e.g. Windows Media Player, Android phone).
        Means you would be removing the copy protection which is illegal, depends on your conscience, personally IDGAF, YMMV.

If you're not bothered, best to Google it yourself.

Comment

You say you don't have iTunes, well if you want to play them, why not download iTunes - it's free.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm confused by this... Apple stopped adding DRM to audio YEARS ago.
            I'm listening to an album I downloaded via iTunes on my android phone now... Didn't have to do anything.

Ps, what device are you using that doesn't recognise mp4.. It's not an apple format.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
              I'm confused by this... Apple stopped adding DRM to audio YEARS ago.
              I'm listening to an album I downloaded via iTunes on my android phone now... Didn't have to do anything.

Ps, what device are you using that doesn't recognise mp4.. It's not an apple format.
              But M4P - has a P - for protected....

Comment

Which you can still play and convert if you use iTunes, which meets the requirement of being free. This brings us back to the question of: why not use iTunes?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Piffle.

Comment

You mean de-DRM them?
                    iTunes music hasn't had DRM since 2009.

Comment

Working...
                    X