• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Converting M4P to MP3"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    Hi

Can anyone recommend some good / safe (preferably free) software to convert iTunes M4P files to MP3?

I don't have access to iTunes, so I can't do it within that.

Thanks
    Moose
    To return to the original question: assuming it's music you bought from iTunes before DRM was removed in 2009, the easiest way is to use iTunes to delete and re-download your purchases. But that involves installing iTunes, and assumes you have access to the original account used to make the purchase.

If you really don't want to use iTunes, there's a thing called myFairTunes, and this Softpedia page mentions some alternatives: myFairTunes6 Download

But I haven't used it, and don't know whether it's trustworthy.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    But M4P - has a P - for protected....
    I once sent my CV to an agent as a .rtf file and he said he couldn't open it as he had to have a Word file, and Word files were .doc. So, without re-opening the file, I renamed it to .doc and sent it again. He replied that he was now able to open it. I couldn't be bothered to point out that he just hadn't tried the first time.

Moral: file extensions are essentially irrelevant; interpretations of file extensions doubly so.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    You mean de-DRM them?
    iTunes music hasn't had DRM since 2009.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Piffle.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied

Which you can still play and convert if you use iTunes, which meets the requirement of being free. This brings us back to the question of: why not use iTunes?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Snarf View Post
    I'm confused by this... Apple stopped adding DRM to audio YEARS ago.
    I'm listening to an album I downloaded via iTunes on my android phone now... Didn't have to do anything.

Ps, what device are you using that doesn't recognise mp4.. It's not an apple format.

Leave a comment:

• Snarf
    replied
    I'm confused by this... Apple stopped adding DRM to audio YEARS ago.
    I'm listening to an album I downloaded via iTunes on my android phone now... Didn't have to do anything.

Ps, what device are you using that doesn't recognise mp4.. It's not an apple format.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    You say you don't have iTunes, well if you want to play them, why not download iTunes - it's free.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I don't know what that means

I mean I want to be able to play them on devices that aren't Apple (e.g. Windows Media Player, Android phone).
    Means you would be removing the copy protection which is illegal, depends on your conscience, personally IDGAF, YMMV.

If you're not bothered, best to Google it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    You mean de-DRM them?
    I don't know what that means

I mean I want to be able to play them on devices that aren't Apple (e.g. Windows Media Player, Android phone).

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Hi

Can anyone recommend some good / safe (preferably free) software to convert iTunes M4P files to MP3?

Thanks
    Moose
    You mean de-DRM them?

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    started a topic Converting M4P to MP3

Converting M4P to MP3

Hi

Thanks
    Moose

Working...
X