• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin Media router

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin Media router

I have one of these when I joined up and it's decent enough but was toying with idea of buying a Netgear one to increase the range (and yes the geek in me wants a new toy to play with!)

Anyone ever done this, did you inform VM?

TIA

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    I have one of these when I joined up and it's decent enough but was toying with idea of buying a Netgear one to increase the range (and yes the geek in me wants a new toy to play with!)

Anyone ever done this, did you inform VM?

TIA

qh
    Just switch the VM Router to Modem mode connect up what ever you want to it, I used an Apple Airport Extreme
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Like Simon said. If you end up replacing Virgin's device entirely be sure you hang onto it for tech support situations as they tend not to talk to you if you're using your own kit.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Just switch the VM Router to Modem mode connect up what ever you want to it, I used an Apple Airport Extreme
        Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Same here had a TP-Link Gigabit wireless router.

I have just moved and had to switch to BT as Virgin was unavailable, am about to switch out the home hub for a TP-Link W9980 modem router.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Cisco are still doing a free Meraki router to companies that sit through their webinar (or they were a couple of weeks ago) - then switch the VM wifi bit off.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Cisco are still doing a free Meraki router to companies that sit through their webinar (or they were a couple of weeks ago) - then switch the VM wifi bit off.
              Linky??
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Linky??
                Have you tried doing a search?

https://meraki.cisco.com/freeap

(Or start at meraki.cisco.com and then choose "demo")

Thanks to pondy for finding it originally
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Have you tried doing a search?

https://meraki.cisco.com/freeap

(Or start at meraki.cisco.com and then choose "demo")

Thanks to pondy for finding it originally
                  Hmmm, need to see how it would work as company address is a holding address, not sure how happy they would be receiving deliver of an access point!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                    Same here had a TP-Link Gigabit wireless router.

I have just moved and had to switch to BT as Virgin was unavailable, am about to switch out the home hub for a TP-Link W9980 modem router.
                    I had a bit of grief getting rid of the HH5 (see other thread), but have a happy medium at the moment

Comment

Working...
                    X