• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft is pulling the plug on Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 next Tuesday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft is pulling the plug on Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 next Tuesday

Microsoft is pulling the plug on Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 next Tuesday | The Verge

How many of us have Client's still using these versions
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Alot of clients haven't even reached those versions yet. My last client was still running Windows XP and was looking at the feasibility of moving to Windows 7 within the next 5 years! I kid you not and they have 70,000 employees.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Alot of clients haven't even reached those versions yet. My last client was still running Windows XP and was looking at the feasibility of moving to Windows 7 within the next 5 years! I kid you not and they have 70,000 employees.
      Same with my last contract, they paid millions for extended XP support.

Comment

Think I got IE 4 and 5 for SPARC Solaris somewhere.....

Comment

IE 8 at my "Global" client.

Comment

Originally posted by Yonmons View Post
            IE 8 at my "Global" client.
            And mine. I'm one of the chosen few who were given IE11, but we have to report every issue when running certain software in Enterprise mode.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              And mine. I'm one of the chosen few who were given IE11, but we have to report every issue when running certain software in Enterprise mode.
              8 for most people here, 11 for the "lucky" ones, like me
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I've been using Edge, which comes with Windows 10 that I have installed on my lovely new super-duper PC. (Did I mention that my lovely new super-duper PC boots up in 15 seconds and has a 34" ultra-wide 4k screen and that I have already completed Assassins Creed Syndicate on it?)

Edge is "OK". I don't think its as intuitive as IE but it feels simpler and more stripped down, I suppose to cater for the average American IQ.

Comment

!!

11 for everyone here. the SIS team are actually pretty good. Don't tell them!

Now if only Networks could find their elbow.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

atleast MS finallllly realized to pull the plug on that crappy versifying and trying to force people to jump from 6,7 to Edge, which works like all other normal browser.

But we all know that will only happen in 5-10 years any way for some companies. Its good news, finally.

Comment

Working...
                    X