• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoid upgrading to El Capitan if you use Office for Mac

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid upgrading to El Capitan if you use Office for Mac

A major cock-up is unfolding.

Wait until they upgrade the upgrade.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

I'm finding WiFi is borked, was slow before, but now both my iMac and a my MacBook drop off and freeze every 20 mins or so.

Wired up the iMac - no issue now, gone back to Mavericks on the rMBP.....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I'm finding WiFi is borked, was slow before, but now both my iMac and a my MacBook drop off and freeze every 20 mins or so.

Wired up the iMac - no issue now, gone back to Mavericks on the rMBP.....
      Yosemite is fine.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

El Capitan seems to have a number of issues... my MacBook Pro (about 5 months old) now drains the battery quite quickly even when in sleep mode.

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
          El Capitan seems to have a number of issues... my MacBook Pro (about 5 months old) now drains the battery quite quickly even when in sleep mode.
          It's funny that mine was fine, until the weekend, both my machines started crapping out - I was sure it was my ISP but it wasn't. Reverted to Mavericks on one and went wired on the iMac and all is ok - it's deffo a WiFi issue, when it happens you see there is nothing at all in the Wifi Pane in system Preferences.

Tried 10.11.1 Beta 3 and made no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            A major cock-up is unfolding.

Wait until they upgrade the upgrade.
            Details?

I am using El Capitan and Office 2016 without issue*

*So far
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...-x-el-capitan/

And I have mates who are having problems installing it.

Comment

To be fair I've had no Office 2016 issues, just the bloody Wifi!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  How to fix five known issues affecting OS X El Capitan - TechRepublic

And I have mates who are having problems installing it.
                  I hd trouble installing it, in that it took about 60gb of my HDD while doing so!

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    To be fair I've had no Office 2016 issues, just the bloody Wifi!
                    I have had no WiFi issues since I got shut of the HH5 and moved to an Airport Extreme

Comment

Working...
                    X