• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How does BT TV work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does BT TV work?

We're on Sky (it was free) but plan to leave (it's not going to be free and we barely watch it). We'll be left with a mini-dish and have a Freesat box but I was wondering about the BT offering since it gets some additional channels.

Is BT's TV service streaming/internet only or does it come through aerial/satellite? I thought I saw mention of YouView on their packages somewhere but got lost with so many different things on offer.

Live TV over the internet doesn't sound that great to me, after experience of NowTV... can anyone clue me up?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Let me google that for you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_TV
    Clarity is everything

Comment

Ta. So how does their HD quality compare to Freeview/Satellite? Can you record multiple things at once, etc? Any actual users out there able to comment?

Being totally dependent on internet for TV doesn't strike me as wonderful. And recording stuff on Sky's OnDemand service typically means shows delete themselves after a few days/weeks, rather than recording a how the old-fashioned way where you can keep it forever if you wish.

The Sky system of combining broadcast TV with IPTV seems quite neat.

Comment

Some of your questions have been answered here

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...v-any-cop.html
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Thanks, I'd missed that. It looks from one post in that thread like the BT/YouView box has an input for "proper TV" down the aerial, it doesn't exclusively use internet?

Comment

No, not exclusively internet, but also on the internet.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Thanks, I'd missed that. It looks from one post in that thread like the BT/YouView box has an input for "proper TV" down the aerial, it doesn't exclusively use internet?
              That's correct, you get the regular coaxial cable for all the free view channels, the extra ones comes through the magic wires
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I got a BT TV box and as others said normal tele via aerial extra stuff via interweb

it also means you can get the red button extra which uses the web

and also as you flick back and forward through the guide you see some programmes with a little arrow in a circle (the standard 'Play' symbol) clicking this will launch one of the many catch up tv services so you can view those programmes

as much as anything I got this mainly because BT sport in SD on the website was shocking quality - almost 8 bit at times and it meant trying to hook up the pc to the tv all the time

I also have a PS4 with one of my brothers sky go log ins..

and amazon prime

pretty much all the TV you will ever need I reckon

Comment

Working...
                X