• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where to get an iPhone 5s for dev purposes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get an iPhone 5s for dev purposes?

Hi,

I need an iPhone 5s for development purposes and wondered if anyone here knows where the best deals may be had ? It's not going to be my daily use phone.

Thanks,

Boo2

eBay could be as good as anywhere, but I thought you could still buy the 5S on contract or new from the regular places?

Why the 5S specifically?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Tesco Mobile still offers the 5S (and 4!).

Alternatively DeviceAnywhere (though the setup costs may be higher than you want).

Comment

Thanks for the replies, DeviceAnywhere is not what I am looking for - I really need something to hand to do my testing on without the complications of remote working and not knowing whether it's the phone or the connection that's busted. I can see the attraction for testing on multiple device types after initial proving though.

Reason for the 5S is it supports 32GB which I think is a better bet for a test platform than 8GB which is all the 5c supports. It also has the motion processor which seems to be Apple's plan going forwards, don't know what difference it makes exactly but...

Boo

Comment

iPhone 5s 32GB Gold Unlocked - Apple Store (UK)
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

The 5c supports more than 8Gb, and that seems an odd reason unless your app is going to be gigantic... how does the phone storage affect anything?

A 5 would be an alternative to the 5c if cash is an issue but if you just want to limit your testing to the (nearly) newest hardware (most iPhone users don't have a 5s or newer yet) the 5s is probably a good cost/newness tradeoff.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

CEX https://uk.webuy.com/search/index.ph...ne+5s&section=
              England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

You can get iPhone 5C on o2 contract and then unlock and then 'pay off' the contract. You get the brand new phone for ca £200

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
                  You can get iPhone 5C on o2 contract and then unlock and then 'pay off' the contract. You get the brand new phone for ca £200
                  Afaik all 5c phone on uk contracts are 8GB ? I want 32GB as per OP. I also want the phone to have the motion processor as that seems to be Apple's plan going forward.

Thanks,

Boo

Comment

Working...
                  X