• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tablet Recommendations Please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Buying the top-end has always been a mugs game when it comes to computers, you pay a massive premium.

For the usage intended, even an iPad2 would be fine (I have one and it's great for browsing, netflix, etc). Your main issue buying too old is you might become ineligible for new iOS versions. But if you can get an Air 1 cheaper than an Air 2, why not?
    I bet you used to get a 486SX instead of a 486DX too: "It's the same instruction set, why bother paying a premium?"

Comment

Mother in law has got a Samsung Galaxy about 6 months ago and the battery has taken a severe dive in recent weeks. Hardware battery issues rather than some rouge background app.

I'm not a big apple fan but I would go for the ipad.

( I think MS surfaces are the muts nuts although nobody agrees)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I bet you used to get a 486SX instead of a 486DX too: "It's the same instruction set, why bother paying a premium?"
        When the DX was new I would have bought a SX. When the P60 came out, I'd have bought a DX4.

Buying top-end is well into the diminishing-returns end of the graph.

But as an AppleBoi you wouldn't understand
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As an appendix to my previous post I have a Samsung new series 9 laptop and the build quality is fantastic.

I have deep distrust of android and google.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            As an appendix to my previous post I have a Samsung new series 9 laptop and the build quality is fantastic.

I have deep distrust of android and google.
            Agree.
            Had an Ativ Book 8 (Metal, 15.6" screen, 1 TB HDD) for a couple of years now. Superb.
            Although I'm toying with swapping HDD for SSD to keep up with my Desktop m/c.
            Clarity is everything

Comment

For a power user iOS is hell. I couldn't delete the Stocks app for years!
              For someone who barely 'gets' what the Internet is all about (hint: cat videos, food pics and selfies) IOS tablet is still a superior experience.
              It probably lets you do less (no flash etc) but it pretty much never breaks.
              Go for the iPad, you'll regret the tech support for going with Android.

Comment

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and love it. Does everything I need, easy to use. It is just like having a larger version of my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.

Comment

Thanks all for your inputs. The iPad was duly selected and arrived Monday. £319 minus the VAT makes a very cost effective Christmas present. One of the deciding factors was Facetime, but I think that iOS was winning even before that.

Comment

Working...
                  X