• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Christmas Meet 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Well it is my first one - although I have met 1 person on here in real life....

Although given that it was about 6 months ago for half an hour I would probably struggle to pick him out of a police line up - what with being old and not being able to remember someone's name 2 minutes after they have just told me.

Anyway i'll be the average looking guy looking a bit lost I imagine - probably getting there about 6.
    I've been to a few of these meets, which means I now have to do my yearly "What the **** was his real name?" routine

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      I've been to a few of these meets, which means I now have to do my yearly "What the **** was his real name?" routine
      I’ve given up on trying to remember people’s real names as I always forget again, usually within a few minutes

Scourer: is the booking under your name or “CUK”? It would be handy if people know what to ask the bar staff when they arrive, so they can be pointed in the right direction and don’t end up wandering around confusing Mancunians by asking if they know anything about bleeding radiators

Comment

No point trying to remember names. It's the looks of disappointment / shock that's more memorable.

Have been practising my BBC received pronunciation as it wears off when dealing with common folk on a daily basis.

Comment

Just thinking. Anyone heard from Stek. He's over this end and came to one of the Leeds meets. Funny as hell. He works abroad a lot though doesn't he?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I’ve given up on trying to remember people’s real names as I always forget again, usually within a few minutes

Scourer: is the booking under your name or “CUK”? It would be handy if people know what to ask the bar staff when they arrive, so they can be pointed in the right direction and don’t end up wandering around confusing Mancunians by asking if they know anything about bleeding radiators
            I can only remember CUK names and always forget real names. Which is highly embarrassing with you and SimonMac.

So far it is booked under my real name. But I am going to ping them a week before just to double check booking is still on. At that point I will add CUK to be booking.

Sadly one person who had confirmed they were going by responding to the poll has dropped out. But one other has said they will come and not responded to the poll. I expect much more of this with 17 days to go.

Also I have given my mobile to one person and will give that out to a few more nearer the time. I am likely to be off CUK for all of the 13th.

I suppose I am likely to be offline for most of the 14th. Not sure if that will be due to getting rid of the germs from being thrown in the canal. Or being part of a police lineup.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Just thinking. Anyone heard from Stek. He's over this end and came to one of the Leeds meets. Funny as hell. He works abroad a lot though doesn't he?
              Not online since Sep 2018. Does anyone know his real name and can ping him?

I have pinged faqqer - he is trying to make it.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Not online since Sep 2018. Does anyone know his real name and can ping him?

I have pinged faqqer - he is trying to make it.....
                Stek stopped working abroad after his last Dublin exploits when it would have been cheaper to stay at home working for far less money.

I don't have his contact details just remember his last posts and how they chimed with my investigations on working abroad (never worth it unless you can fully up sticks and move there).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Spoilsport!
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I'm due to get there for 6pm, I have Brillo's mobile, will text if the Manchester traffic holds me up.

Apparently, I have one of those faces that everyone thinks they know, so you should recognise me

13 years a contractor and first CUK meetup, I'm quite excited about it.
                    Last edited by woohoo; 26 November 2019, 12:04.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      I'm due to get there for 6pm, I have Brillo's mobile, will text if the Manchester traffic holds me up.

Apparently, I have one of those faces that everyone thinks they know, so you should recognise me

13 years a contractor and first CUK meetup, I'm quite excited about it.
                      So you're a meetup virgin then ?
                      I am sure they'll be gentle
                      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                      X