• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommendation for Umbrella Company (UK)"

Collapse

• ForBajor
    replied
    Just posting here because I'm also looking at umbrella companies having just landed a new inside contract.

I've been sent a list by the recruitment agency which I'm reviewing. This is my first inside contract, so this forum is gold dust to me.
    Umbrella company
    APPpayeLtd
    Azebra Umbrella Ltd
    Clipper Contracting Group Ltd
    Crest Plus Ltd
    Danbro Ltd
    Exceed outsourcing ltd
    Exchequer Solutions Ltd
    Focused Consulting Ltd
    Giant Professional Ltd
    Green Lantern Trades Ltd
    JSA Services Ltd
    KPPES Ltd (My Key Pay group)
    N W M Solutions Ltd
    Orange Genie Cover Ltd
    Parasol Ltd
    Paystream My Max Ltd
    Sterling Solutions Umbrella Ltd

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Didn't Contractor Umbrella and Lucy used to be the preferred choice of this board? What happened?

Clarity seem to be a bit weird on SIPPs and act like it's a drag if you don't want to use NEST.
    It was Contractor Umbrella until they moved from Ipswich to Hemel Hempstead and Lucy started up by herself.

As for using SIPPs you would need to provide some evidence to back it up - the only issue I've heard of is where the pension fund insists on a direct debit for payments - no umbrella firm can do that..

Leave a comment:

• clearedforlanding
    replied
    Didn't Contractor Umbrella and Lucy used to be the preferred choice of this board? What happened?

Clarity seem to be a bit weird on SIPPs and act like it's a drag if you don't want to use NEST.

Leave a comment:

• GreenDog
    replied
    Thanks all, will check Clarity out.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Also Daniela doesn't bite and can answer things if Lucy isn't around
    Unlike Fin who would like to rip your leg off given half a chance

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    lucyclarityumbrella

Hi GreenDog,
    I would suggest you start with Lucy at Clarity:
    https://clarityumbrella.co.uk

Her company gets good reviews on here, and she also posts on the forum.
    There are whole piles of stories I can provide about umbrella firms including FCSA ones that would scare most posters on here.

Clarity are one of the very few I can wholeheartedly recommend.

Also Daniela doesn't bite and can answer things if Lucy isn't around (and she may not be at the moment),,,

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    lucyclarityumbrella
    ​​​​​​​
    Hi GreenDog,
    I would suggest you start with Lucy at Clarity:
    https://clarityumbrella.co.uk

Her company gets good reviews on here, and she also posts on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• GreenDog
    started a topic Recommendation for Umbrella Company (UK)

Recommendation for Umbrella Company (UK)

Hi all,
    I am starting a 12 months contract via an agency in December and I need to choose an FCA-approved umbrella company. The agency recommends Giant and has sent me a list of nearly other 70 agencies. I would be most grateful if you could recommend the top umbrella companies out there. There are lots of mixed reviews and it is a bit confusing. Thanks!

Working...
X