• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umbrella Companies which pay into my own SIPP (AJ Bell)"

Collapse

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by MrC View Post
    Does anyone have any idea which umbrellas offer the DD option (which also do salary sacrifice are FSCS accredited and dont have any daft restrictions preventing carry forward from prior years allowances)?
    Generally paying by DD holds too many risks; if the umbrella is not paid by the agency or client, then they are not going to be willing to release funds.

Leave a comment:

• MrC
    replied
    Originally posted by gizzmo View Post
    With AJ Bell you can contribute in 2 ways:

1) Direct Debit - fill in a form once for a fixed amount and forget about it

2) Each month if the employer contribution is likely to fluctuate - you have to send an email to AJ Bell detailing the amount and making a declaration that it is an Employer contribution etc. The Umbrella then pays it to AJ Bell via BACs

Some Umbrellas are happy to do the DD method, but if your contribution changes every month then the one-off declaration has to be made with each payment which is paid by the Umbrella via BACs.

Currently Parasol uses the BACs method so they send me the email draft which i then forward onto AJ Bell. Takes no time at all.
    Ah, thanks for clarifying. I had reached the conclusion that most if not all umbrellas were only willing to pay by BACs.

Does anyone have any idea which umbrellas offer the DD option (which also do salary sacrifice are FSCS accredited and dont have any daft restrictions preventing carry forward from prior years allowances)?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by rickmeister View Post
    Also, Focused group (part of Paystream) charge £250 p.a. for sal sacrifice but allow you to use any pension provider as long as they can accept D/D payments and provide a well written scheme brochure incl Q&As, conditions for stopping etc which if this element is important to you, indicates the extra service may be worth the fee.
    £250 is an interesting fee figure - it’s doesn’t sound right (given how it should be charged).

Whether it’s reasonable or not depends on what their other charges are and whether it’s reasonable when you compare it to other umbrellas that provide it within their standard fee

Leave a comment:

• gizzmo
    replied
    With AJ Bell you can contribute in 2 ways:

1) Direct Debit - fill in a form once for a fixed amount and forget about it

2) Each month if the employer contribution is likely to fluctuate - you have to send an email to AJ Bell detailing the amount and making a declaration that it is an Employer contribution etc. The Umbrella then pays it to AJ Bell via BACs

Some Umbrellas are happy to do the DD method, but if your contribution changes every month then the one-off declaration has to be made with each payment which is paid by the Umbrella via BACs.

Currently Parasol uses the BACs method so they send me the email draft which i then forward onto AJ Bell. Takes no time at all.

Leave a comment:

• MrC
    replied
    Just following up on this can anyone who pays into their SIPP with AJ Bell confirm if it's totally set-and-forget?

Umbrella i've been speaking to say it is whearas AJ Bell themselves say they need an email to accompany every single BACS contribution (even if it's a regular amount).

Leave a comment:

• rickmeister
    replied
    Also, Focused group (part of Paystream) charge £250 p.a. for sal sacrifice but allow you to use any pension provider as long as they can accept D/D payments and provide a well written scheme brochure incl Q&As, conditions for stopping etc which if this element is important to you, indicates the extra service may be worth the fee.

Leave a comment:

• rickmeister
    replied
    Parasol let you fund any other pension without an 'admin fee' some charge, but they have a bad rep on some posts on here for admin errors. Danbro let you move to others if on their approved list (am trying to obtain), but are showing £5k to auto enrolment and balance to third party, meaning they split your pension, hardly convenient.

Leave a comment:

• gizzmo
    replied
    I have an AJ Bell Sipp and I am with Parasol. They pay into my AJ Bell SIPP

Leave a comment:

• drob1984
    replied
    The only 2 I am aware of that allow you to do this fully are paystream and nasagroup.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bazuzu View Post
    Fair enough, but that is the only "restriction" I have been informed of, so I guess my agency will work with pretty much any umbrella.
    Erm.. no. Only ones that are FCSA registered. You just said it yourself and two of us have just told you that's a pretty big restriction.

Time for you to pull the FCSA list and ring around to find one you want.

You can try searching on here using the google method. <keywords> site:contractoruk.com/forums
    Try a couple of the names and see if they've been discussed on here. If you use <name> pension site:etc it will narrow it down.

Leave a comment:

• bazuzu
    replied
    Fair enough, but that is the only "restriction" I have been informed of, so I guess my agency will work with pretty much any umbrella.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    No restrictions from the agency, as long as they are FCSA accredited.
    That's like saying you can have any colour you want as long as it's black.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    That's a large restriction, FCSA is a worthless old boys club that just means you are paying more.

Leave a comment:

• bazuzu
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    What restrictions does your agency impose on your choice of umbrella company?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X