• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "UMBRELLA net pay 52%"

Collapse

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Death and taxes.
    Lost on some, isn't it...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Yeah... What were the other two things that are always with us...
    Death and taxes.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Oi.. You two... I'm still here you know.
    Yeah... What were the other two things that are always with us...

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    sorry hadn't noticed!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    We know!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Not possible - that would involve a whack from a banning stick.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
    Is that just to shut NorthernLad up

With the actual point in question, firstly if you have a decent brolly they should be able to explain it with no issues (just saying)!

Secondly there could be many things that would have altered it, your tax code, your earnings to date, a P45 or starter checklist etc etc and the list goes on. If you cannot get a straight answer from your brolly then let me know and I can take a look and hint that you should find one who can
    Not possible - that would involve a whack from a banning stick.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    i joined umbrella few weeks ago, on weekly invoicing. First couple of weeks pay was around 72% of total (days * daily rate). which was the % they mentioned when i signed contract. now its gone down to 52% total perr week. not sure whats going on?

is this average take home from umbrella (52%).
    Remember also to get your tax code changed pronto (if 40% taxpayer band) otherwise nasty shock further down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Paging Lucy to the thread.
    Is that just to shut NorthernLad up

With the actual point in question, firstly if you have a decent brolly they should be able to explain it with no issues (just saying)!

Secondly there could be many things that would have altered it, your tax code, your earnings to date, a P45 or starter checklist etc etc and the list goes on. If you cannot get a straight answer from your brolly then let me know and I can take a look and hint that you should find one who can

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Paging Lucy to the thread.

If NLUK knows little/nothing about umbrellas, being from Yorkshire will force him to comment anyway.

I've used Paymatters in the past and ringing them was acceptable to explain what was what. They also advised that I'd be better off on a monthly cycle because their fees were less for one monthly pay run rather than weekly (it fitted with the household bills better too).

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Enough of this 'banter' please. Remember where you are.
    Easily fixed. Can we move to General please?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Enough of this 'banter' please. Remember where you are.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    He does now, so I'm merely asking him to remember it from now on, since it's likely the situation will repeat if he changes umbrellas..

Is English your first language?
    Nope. Yorkshire is.

It's where God works from home.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    He can't forget something he doesn't know anything about.
    He does now, so I'm merely asking him to remember it from now on, since it's likely the situation will repeat if he changes umbrellas..

Is English your first language?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I agree - somewhere around 55% is pretty much it.

And don't forget tax on salary each month is calculated by working out the tax owed on total earnings this tax year and deducting what's already been paid. so some early adjustments are bound to happen.
    He can't forget something he doesn't know anything about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X