• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contractors United will never be Shafted!"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark2009 View Post
    Blanket ban on umbrella payroll system
    Why would they do that? It guarantees that tax is paid on all money earned. HMRC would love it if every contractor had to go brolly. They'd all become employees on full PAYE.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    They come and they go, off shore was finished by the government, buying a share in a limited company was finished by the government and cis was finished by the government but was brought back because people refused to us umbrell.
    Why should people pay 20-30 pounds per week to get there wages, you tell me.
    Same reason most people running a Ltd pay their accountants that amount each month. They don't want the headaches of doing the paperwork and risking screwing it up.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Because they work outside the public sector, but are still caught by IR35, have little to gain from the VAT FRS changes this tax year, and therefore don't want the hassle of running a limited company.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Because they work in the public sector, have been deemed inside IR35 and either (a) they have no choice in the matter, (b) they want to pay into their pension plan via salary sacrifice, (c) both of those.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I would not touch umbrella companies, why should the person pay the company NI.
    Then take a permanent job or go Ltd.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    They come and they go, off shore was finished by the government, buying a share in a limited company was finished by the government and cis was finished by the government but was brought back because people refused to us umbrell.
    Because some people don't want the hassle of a Limited Company.

Leave a comment:

• Mark2009
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    They are used by people who have to use them. Some of them even want to use them. Dream on.
    Last edited by Mark2009; 17 April 2017, 21:05.

Leave a comment:

• Mark2009
    replied
    I would not touch umbrella companies, why should the person pay the company NI.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    They are used by people who have to use them. Some of them even want to use them. Dream on.

Leave a comment:

• Mark2009
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    We don't know what's going to happen on 25th November when the Autumn Statement is published but I think we're all agreed that our industry will be hit in some way - whether it will be a swift uppercut or a knock out punch we don't know Whatever happens I really think that our voice needs to be heard by the hatstands in Government.

Many of you were kind enough to take the time to complete the AUCAE survey that we launched following the T&S consultation and we sent over 700 responses to HMRC and Downing Street as a result. We want to do the same thing again - this time using the wonders of social media. Lucy has set up a Thunderclap campaign aimed at spreading the word across all social media platforms (set to go live at 12.30 on the 25th). We need to get support from 100 contractors for the campaign to go live so we would urge you to follow this link https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/...stand-together and have your say using the hashtag #AS2015Contractors - this will ensure that all your responses don't get lost amongst all the other drivel.

You don't need to wait until 25th November before having your say and the more of you that respond (and your wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, cousins, aunts, grandparents, vague aquaintences, enemies etc) the louder our voice will be!! If this does all go to hell, let's go out with a bang and not a whimper

Leave a comment:

• Mark2009
    replied
    Philip hammond is a dead man walking

Thursday 7 May 2020 next election Jeremy Corbyn will be removed as leader after the may elections, If labour pick another lefty nutter PM May will destroy this county.

Leave a comment:

• Bluespider
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I can't stop thinking about the urban dictionary definition. Can we not use that term some how
    I just looked that up...

Totally skewed the whole enterprise for me now...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by lucycontractorumbrella View Post
    Bring on the comments, but...

We have Thunderclapped
    I can't stop thinking about the urban dictionary definition. Can we not use that term some how

Got my post on FB though so its working

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Bring on the comments, but...

We have Thunderclapped

Leave a comment:

• lucyclarityumbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    What's the tweet going to say?
    Join our social campaign today to make sure your voice is heard. Use #AS2015Contractors to respond together today!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X