• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Extend Wifi through household mains"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    WTF do you need WiFi in your hot tub for?
    would have thought that was obvious, how else do you play chat-roulette?

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So you have some spare you don't know what to do with?
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to northernladuk again"

Sorry, chap, guess you must've been the lucky beneficiary in recent times!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    I had some, duly awarded in lieu of NLUK overspending....
    So you have some spare you don't know what to do with?

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied

Out of rep but will be forthcoming.....
    I had some, duly awarded in lieu of NLUK overspending....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Champagne in the hot tub is civilised and decadent. WiFi just says you're a loser, get off the web and relax!

Out of rep but will be forthcoming.....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Champagne in the hot tub is civilised and decadent. WiFi just says you're a loser, get off the web and relax!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You could say they same about a champagne chiller and an ashtray but the cigars do get a bit soggy and nothing worse than warm champers baby.

or a less refined answer would be 'cos I can'

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I had a wireless extender setup using TP Link stuff from Amazon but range of it is extremely limited so didn't quite reach to the hot tub in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I have a cable running from the office at the rear of my house to the lounge, around the outside of the house, to a network socket and then a wireless access point.

Works a treat, well it did before the builder dug into the external cable.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 17 September 2013, 08:03.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I had a wireless extender setup using TP Link stuff from Amazon but range of it is extremely limited so didn't quite reach to the hot tub in the garden. Ended up using the second router as already explained and works really well. The only minor gripe is that even though the wireless connection stays up my phone doesn't seem to continue to receive/send data occasionally when I move near the main router. Doesn't seem to happen to anyone else so need to look in to why at some point but it's a minor issue. Turning wireless on and off fixes it so might be the settings.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    No, turn off dhcp and use bridge mode on the 2nd wifi router. You'll need to change the IP range to match the first router and put the second router outside dhcp lease range.

I have that setup, works a treat.
    WGJS+1

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by CourtesyFlush View Post
    Second wifi would be a different subnet?
    No, turn off dhcp and use bridge mode on the 2nd wifi router. You'll need to change the IP range to match the first router and put the second router outside dhcp lease range.

I have that setup, works a treat.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 15 September 2013, 09:17.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Using the devolo kit - it just works. Iy also has the advantage that you can move it to a different room if you need it there.

Leave a comment:

• CourtesyFlush
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Devolo do a homeplug set with wifi.

or you can get an access point with a switch and change your current switch, then use to set up a second wifi for the office.
    Second wifi would be a different subnet?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Devolo do a homeplug set with wifi.

or you can get an access point with a switch and change your current switch, then use to set up a second wifi for the office.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X