• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Java Scripts help please !!"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Hmm. It must be calling the script as the redirect is working and is no cgi error so you must have referer ok. Have you checked the notes on formmail?
    http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Ps Just tried it again and have a formmail thank you message which I did not get last time. Did you just sort it?
    I've got it sort so there are no errors - but I need to find the path the sendmail is installed under on the server, speaking with the helpdesk they just pointed me in the direction of a differant script....

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    If so, you now need to move the <FORM .... and </FORM> lines around your actual form where the user sticks stuff in (rather than having a form within a form as my quick fix has, I think). Formail will then automatically send you what they have put in and can also tell them on the page.

You appear to have an order form action that won't do anything as it is referring to a script on a desktop. Maybe whoever wrote the page has done the work already, where is order.php?

<FORM method=post name=order_form
    action=file:///C|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Build_Machine/Desktop/order.php>

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmm. It must be calling the script as the redirect is working and is no cgi error so you must have referer ok. Have you checked the notes on formmail?
    http://www.scriptarchive.com/formmail.html

Ps Just tried it again and have a formmail thank you message which I did not get last time. Did you just sort it?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I know with freehostia the "to field" / from has to be a hosted email address.
    Also needed SMTP enabled.

Don't know if this is your problem, but it was mine,

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    right, got it so we've no errors now......except I don't get an email !!!!

www.easyslidescanning.co.uk\order1.html

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    looks like we may be getting somewhere.......

just need to find the location of the sendmail app on an easyspace.com windows server.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I see there is an anti spam referers field in the cgi which may explain that but it obviously knows perl so appears almost there. Will send script. Although is freeware, terms do not allow post on net.

PS Link in your private messages
    PPS It would be a bit of a prob if sites could access mailers on others come to think of it.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2 September 2009, 15:06.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Actually think you can just test it out with your mail in recipient above and replace thankyou page by one of your own. Obviously would not want my mailer used indefinitely plus association of a business with unsavoury ranty xoggoth is not a plus point.

ok - I've given it a go

www.easyslidescanning.co.uk/order1.html

Get an error from your CGI script. I need to tidy the submit button up - but if we can sort out the cgi we may be onto a winner. Can you send me the cgi script please.....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    <input type='hidden' name="recipient" value="[email protected]"/>

{snip}

Security is another problem.
    Having the recipient address in there means you just created an open mail relay for use by spammers everywhere. The recipient address should be kept on the server, or at the very least checked (on the server) against a whitelist of valid recipients.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    thanks - I'll give it a go now.

How can I get the cgi script onto my server then ?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Actually think you can just test it out with your mail in recipient above and replace thankyou page by one of your own. Obviously would not want my mailer used indefinitely plus association of a business with unsavoury ranty xoggoth is not a plus point.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Did a quick messy fix that works from my desktop. Click the submit button, leave cosmetic details to you. Change this:-

<TD><A class=style9 onclick=printpage()
    href="http://www.easyslidescanning.com/order.html#"
    value="Print Copy of Order Form">PRINT PAGE</A> <BR><SPAN
    style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" class=style9>then</SPAN> <BR><A class=style9
    href="http://www.easyslidescanning.co.uk/">Click then go to home page</A>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->

To this:-

<TD><A class=style9
    href="http://www.easyslidescanning.com/order.html#"
    value="Print Copy of Order Form">

<form onSubmit="printpage()" action="http://xoggoth.org/praise/xogpraising.cgi" method="post" name="eorder">
    <input type='hidden' name="recipient" value="[email protected]"/>
    <input type='hidden' name="subject" value="Email xoggoth"/>
    <input type='hidden' name="required" value=""/>
    <input type='hidden' name="redirect" value="thankyou.html">
    <input type='hidden' name="env_report" value="REMOTE_HOST">
    <input type='hidden' name="print_blank_fields" value="1">
    <input type='hidden' name="redirect" value="thankyou.html">
    <INPUT name=submit type=submit value=Submit>
    </FORM>

</A> <BR><SPAN
    style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" class=style9>then</SPAN> <BR><A class=style9
    href="http://www.easyslidescanning.co.uk/">Click then go to home page</A>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- Start of StatCounter Code -->

Upload that (use new page!!) and clicking submit should print plus it sends an email to ME. That is obviously not terribly useful to you (or me as is using my bandwidth) so the next thing is to change the http://xoggoth.org/praise/xogpraising.cgi in the action to refer to a mailer on your server. That is just freeware formmail in perl, if you can use perl, message me and I can send you copy. Lots of other freeware mailers available, usually all you have to do is change recipient, some of above form fields and upload.

Security is another problem.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 2 September 2009, 13:15.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It seems his entire site is HTML, i.e a front-end only. I'm of the view any real online business will benefit from having something running on the server... let users login to see the status of their order, let them ask questions through the website, etc.

edit: It might make the printing part much easier. I'm not sure how much a barrier it is giving users detailed instructions, and making them print that quite messy form onto multiple pages. A server part would let you save an electronic copy immediately for your own use, and you could generate a PDF or other special printable version on the server which the user can then print... you can even email a copy to the user or something if you like.
    Last edited by d000hg; 2 September 2009, 12:57.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    He isn't using a form though. Does he need to bung one in or can the post and method things be done from jscript?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Basically, you need to change the action attribute of your form to point to the page which will process it, something like

<form name="order_form" action="processform.aspx" method="post">
    Can you help with this, as I've mentioned its worth some beer money to me.....

PM me if you can help.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X