• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Inexpensive copy of Windows or licence key"

Collapse

• davetza
    replied
    Yes it was answered in another thread which can be a bit confusing.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Admin has fixed the glitch.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I thought we already answered this question....

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    I thought we already answered this question....

Leave a comment:

• davetza
    replied
    I used https://www.kinguin.net/ in April to buy a license for a Windows 10 VM I was playing around with and wanted to check if the issue I was having was being caused by it not being activated. It all went smoothly and the license is still working.

Leave a comment:

• Snooky
    started a topic Inexpensive copy of Windows or licence key

Inexpensive copy of Windows or licence key

Just ordered a refurb Dell which comes without an OS, to replace my elderly home PC creaking along on Windows 7 (OEM).

As the Win7 copy on the old PC is OEM I'm fairly sure I can't transfer it to the new machine so I'll need to get a copy of Windows 11 or something which can be upgraded to it for free / cheap. I'm happy with just a genuine licence key as long as I can download a copy Windows to use it on. Would prefer retail but will go for OEM if that's too costly.

I can see there are plenty of websites out there flogging cheap keys but it's impossible to tell which, if any, are reliable or genuine. Microsoft understandably don't tell you any sneaky (but legal) tricks you can use to get a fully functional copy of Windows, although I'm sure there are some.

I did a forum search but came up with nothing suitable so would appreciate suggestions.

Working...
X