• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Netflix for Lockdown #2"

Collapse

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    There's only one 'duchess' worth watching and it isn't that one.

It (Archer) is also available on Netflix so all's not lost.

Archer seasons 1 to 10 are available on Netflix but no sign of season 11 yet.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I loved the premise - probably I should read the book - but it seemed like a show relying on that one cool thing which got old fast. Tough to drag out one premise into 100 episodes.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    just started The Man in High Castle.
    I normally avoid alternative history programmes, but this is based on a Philip K. Dick book so I started and am enjoying it.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    just started The Man in High Tower.
    I normally avoid alternative history programmes, but this is based on a Philip K. Dick book so I started and am enjoying it.

Leave a comment:

• Hobosapien
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I am currently torn about whether I'm.enjoying or enduring The Duchess at the moment. Only 3 episodes in so far.
    There's only one 'duchess' worth watching and it isn't that one.

It (Archer) is also available on Netflix so all's not lost.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Given what's happened to a certain "nuclear scientist" recently I though this coming up in my recommended Netflix list was good timing

Fauda (TV Series 2015– ) - Fauda (TV Series 2015– ) - User Reviews - IMDb

Reviews seem to be either end of the spectrum so unsure whether to give it a go. Made by the same Israeli company that does Tehran ( Apple series) which is ok.

Anyone watched it?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I am currently torn about whether I'm.enjoying or enduring The Duchess at the moment. Only 3 episodes in so far.
    Got about 10 minutes into the first episode. I'm just don't like comedy based on vulgarity. I guess it's not her style. But I loved her take down of the mum in that opening bit.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    +1 for midnight diner
    Annoyingly, Nettulipz seems to have lost my progress on this series so I'm not sure how far through I am.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Queens Gambit great.
    Sex education rubbish.
    Stranger things okay.
    The Stranger one of the best programs I have ever seen.
    Currently on top of the lake.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    FOG.

Leave a comment:

• MeIsMark
    replied
    Queens Gambit - great film!!

I loved this series. Watched it a couple of weeks back... it re-kindled my love of chess (I used to play at club level some years ago).... now I find I am coding my own (bitboard based) chess engine from scratch, something I always wanted to do.... rarely has a film had such an effect on me!

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I use Vypr. C4 ondemand won't do it. BBC iPlayer can be made to work if you clear the cache. But Netflix I've had no issue watching UK or US content from here.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That wasn't the case in July when I visited the UK. Or use a VPN.
    It was when we visited Finland, maybe 3 years back. It sticks in my head because we got some sort of message informing us we would still get UK content, which was not how it had worked on previous trips.

Do you get VPNs to work? I have one but it almost always gets detected, in fact I've never had any success using one for this purpose.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofTarbera
    replied
    Depends on VPN

When abroad I need different ones for

Sky, BBC , prime , Netflix etc never found one that’s works with all yet

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X