• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Conference / Calling Software & Email Server for Website"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Moved out of general. Moronic answer removed.
    There are no moronic answers when someone is daft enough to have posted in General surely

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Moved out of general. Moronic answer removed.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    You should see him at work!

Shhh you.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied

Really Thanks, 1st link solved the problem, ordered. Thanks again for meaningful post.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by TechRiskPartners View Post
    Don’t worry. I will soon. How come you read all threads, all responses and still post without adding any value to it. Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    O365 looks very promising, I have already bought office pack for £12/Year through existing employee referral code, so looking for the basic Office 365 Business Essentials (£3.80/Month). Does anyone know this would support 2 email id - (1) personal like [email protected] and (2) [email protected]?

Thanks
    Google: How many email addresses can I set up with Office 365 small - Microsoft Community

Or...

Add another email alias for a user | Microsoft Docs
    Last edited by wattaj; 21 May 2019, 12:46.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    O365 looks very promising, I have already bought office pack for £12/Year through existing employee referral code, so looking for the basic Office 365 Business Essentials (£3.80/Month). Does anyone know this would support 2 email id - (1) personal like [email protected] and (2) [email protected]?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Maybe one day you might actually put a bit of your own effort in rather than expecting everyone else to do it for you.
    Don’t worry. I will soon. How come you read all threads, all responses and still post without adding any value to it. Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Maybe one day you might actually put a bit of your own effort in rather than expecting everyone else to do it for you.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Hello

I tried to find information however ran out of luck.

I am starting in July and have 2 queries

1. What is the good choice for a conference / video calling software for contractors and small companies? I am starting solo (some part-time contract role) and at the same time I am trying sell wider services in my core competency to a Client who can't afford my day-rates (and I may not have the bandwidth)

2. I am have a friend who is building a website for me and asked me to consider a mail server however have no idea about UK market, I was looking for GSuite, do you have any reviews of GSuit or any other recommendations?

Thanks
    Office 365.

Leave a comment:

• TechRiskPartners
    replied
    Originally posted by wattaj View Post

Tell your friend to FRO and to stop costing you money that you don't need to spend.
    He is running a big company and building this for free and expecting some future business from my Client base or custom tool development.

However Thanks for the idea, O365 sounds good and one-stop-for-all definitely.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    From what I see Slack doesn't have an integrated e-mail, so maybe O365 is more suitable.
    FTFY... OP will thank me later when they have to integrate to a CRM (Dynamics?).

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    From what I see Slack doesn't have an integrated e-mail, so maybe GSuite is more suitable.

Leave a comment:

• wattaj
    replied
    Hello

I tried to find information however ran out of luck.

I am starting in July and have 2 queries

1. What is the good choice for a conference / video calling software for contractors and small companies? I am starting solo (some part-time contract role) and at the same time I am trying sell wider services in my core competency to a Client who can't afford my day-rates (and I may not have the bandwidth)

2. I am have a friend who is building a website for me and asked me to consider a mail server however have no idea about UK market, I was looking for GSuite, do you have any reviews of GSuit or any other recommendations?

Thanks
    Hmmm, I struggle to see why anyone would want the overhead of running their own email server these days; particularly so for small start-ups.

I currently use GSuite and it's fine. I opened my account back when it was free, so I don't really care too much if it has rough edges... not that I've noticed any TBH.

I'd go with Office 365 these days if I were to do it again. Others will no doubt be along with differing opinions, but O365 will do everything that you need and will scale.

Tell your friend to FRO and to stop costing you money that you don't need to spend.

Both GSuit and O365 will allow you to brand your email with your own domain name and this will be completely separate from where you choose to host your website.

HTH.

PS: I've always found Slack to be a complete PITA TBH. Best avoided IMHO. No offence intended @blaster. Simplify your infrastructure and software landscape as much as possible... you'll thank me down the line when you may need to unpick it all.
    Last edited by wattaj; 21 May 2019, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X