• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Copying and pasting JPEG images to these fora"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    I can't seem to do this with my PC. Note I'm not PC savvy. So what am I doing wrong?
    Try logging in to one of your other sockies that is more PC savvy and do it on there?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
    thanks for the reply. As I've said, I'm not PC savvy, but would I be correct in thinking that if I created a link to a JPEG which sits on my home PC hard drive, that anyone who viewed the image would link to my PC?

Or is that not what you are suggesting?
    As b0redom says, that shouldn't work

I stick stuff on my own site and link to that, but a free image upload service is a good alternative if you don't have that option. If it's an image on another site such as a news site or an artist's portfolio, you can also try linking to it directly, but a lot of sites don't like that and will block it.

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    That won't work unless you've opened your home PC to the world (which would be a bad thing). You could use something like:

ImgBB — Upload Image — Free Image Hosting

eg

"That won't work unless you've opened your home PC to the world (which would be a bad thing)" which is what I'd deduced.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    That won't work unless you've opened your home PC to the world (which would be a bad thing). You could use something like:

ImgBB — Upload Image — Free Image Hosting

eg

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    You can't

The best you can do is to embed it using the URL (i.e. link) of the image: use the image button up in the toolbar to provide the URL or, if you're using a non-WYSIWYG version of the editor, use the embed code directly, e.g.[img]http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/images/cuk/miscellaneous/cuk-image-button.jpg[/img].
    thanks for the reply. As I've said, I'm not PC savvy, but would I be correct in thinking that if I created a link to a JPEG which sits on my home PC hard drive, that anyone who viewed the image would link to my PC?

Or is that not what you are suggesting?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    You can't

The best you can do is to embed it using the URL (i.e. link) of the image: use the image button up in the toolbar to provide the URL or, if you're using a non-WYSIWYG version of the editor, use the embed code directly, e.g.[img]http://www.nickfitz.co.uk/images/cuk/miscellaneous/cuk-image-button.jpg[/img].

Leave a comment:

• JohntheBike
    started a topic Copying and pasting JPEG images to these fora

Copying and pasting JPEG images to these fora

I can't seem to do this with my PC. Note I'm not PC savvy. So what am I doing wrong?

Working...
X