• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Android Nougat 7.0

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Android Nougat 7.0"

Collapse

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
    FTA:

I don't think so.. My smartphone isn't Android or iOS...
    OK, 49.85% / 49.85% market share split.

MS is down to 0.02% worldwide, Blackberry are clumped into "others" for another 0.01%

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    FTA:

Four out of five UK adults now have a smartphone with the market split 50/50 between the two rival operating systems.
    I don't think so.. My smartphone isn't Android or iOS...

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    On Vodafone? It's not that long they've been pushing out and I've resisted installing it. Wish I'd resisted harder.

Never been a fan of putting the latest updates on straight away since the NT Sp4 episode.

How's the auto correct on the "new" OS?

Seems quite strange you haven't mentioned it?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Just admit defeat and buy an iPhone.
    2016-11-21 What your choice of smartphone says about you

Android users are more honest than iPhone users say psychologists, in a study published this week which is the first to find a link between personality and smartphone type.

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Is it pronounced Nougat or Nougat?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    KUATB.
    Hasn't Nougat been out ages? I'm sure it's been on my S7 since last year...just checked it came out Aug 2016. Where u been NLUK?
    +1

I've been on 7.1.1 for a couple of months now, not had any problem with it, can't complain.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Thought you might say that. Not the experience we have in my house with the two lads and looking at everyone on the tram on the way in though

But anyway, back on topic or I'll have to start issuing infractions....
    https://uk.protectyourbubble.com/hou...dget-insurance

Although i see that they dropped the number of gadgets in the £13/month packet from 4 to 3 it still worth it

Also (post warranty) iphone parts replacement is just as cheap as any android equivalent if you don't go to Apple for it. Also can be done at home, the tools cost like £5 and there are plenty of guides how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Lost It
    replied
    Buy a Windows phone. They just work.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    On Vodafone? It's not that long they've been pushing out and I've resisted installing it. Wish I'd resisted harder.

Never been a fan of putting the latest updates on straight away since the NT Sp4 episode.
    If it’s a beta - I’ll install it! iOS 11 beta 3 here, not much different tbh...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    KUATB.
    Hasn't Nougat been out ages? I'm sure it's been on my S7 since last year...just checked it came out Aug 2016. Where u been NLUK?

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    KUATB.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Never needed one and that includes the family - just put on a decent screen protector and its good to go...

In face the only screen anyone has ever broken in this family was a nexus....
    Thought you might say that. Not the experience we have in my house with the two lads and looking at everyone on the tram on the way in though

But anyway, back on topic or I'll have to start issuing infractions....

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You factored in screen replacements?
    Never needed one and that includes the family - just put on a decent screen protector and its good to go...

In face the only screen anyone has ever broken in this family was a nexus....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It is? I must be missing something big then...
    I stand corrected. I just replaced my phone which was 3 years old and on Lollipop. Nougat is way better.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I've found it works our roughly the same once you factor in the resale price of an iPhone
    You factored in screen replacements?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X