• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cloud storage for sensitive documents"

Collapse

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    This is for plan B, so I am the client!
    You can't have it both ways and claim to be an expert, and then propose completely inappropriate solutions. I still recommend that the client hires someone who knows what they're doing.....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    No idea if this is right and no experience with the security side of it.....
    I know what I'm doing, Nothing complicated for me, perhaps for some people on this thread and elsewhere on the forum it may be a bit too much.....
    A forum isn't a place to go into detail for technical requirements.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    I'd hate to be the person who recommended a cloud solution if the data got hacked in some way, a bit like the old adage that no-one got sacked for recommending IBM. Anyone specced out a system using RethinkDB which folded at the end of last year?

Cloud is the future and is probably more secure than the majority of in-house systems, but if the security is breached it will be the fact that some idiot decided to put it in the cloud that will be the hot topic.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    You would be better of spending your time of here and networking in person with real people so you can discuss things like security.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    err only problem is I'm not suggesting using that principle. A forum isn't a place to go into detail for technical requirements, especially not with unhelpful people like yourself. Have a bit of respect for the forum, if you don't have the ability to help then bugger off back to General and continue your uselessness there.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Leave your rants for General you buffoons.

I know what I'm doing, sorted out SSL with JWT token authentication and already been successfully implemented at other sites with Azure infrastructure. Documents are not government level sensitive but just need a solid level of security when uploading so that they can be accessed by a one time link or renamed after every use using some kind of token generation. Nothing complicated for me, perhaps for some people on this thread and elsewhere on the forum it may be a bit too much.....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Securi...ough_obscurity

A system or component relying on obscurity may have theoretical or actual security vulnerabilities, but its owners or designers believe that if the flaws are not known, that will be sufficient to prevent a successful attack. Security experts have rejected this view as far back as 1851.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You don't exactly install confidence. I hope my details don't end up on your system somewhere....
    I'll make sure every person's documents are secured except for yours.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    You do realise that they are CDNs and completely unfit for what you're trying to achieve right?

You should tell ClientCo to call an expert if they care about data security.
    This is for plan B, so I am the client!

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Leave your rants for General you buffoons.

I know what I'm doing, sorted out SSL with JWT token authentication and already been successfully implemented at other sites with Azure infrastructure. Documents are not government level sensitive but just need a solid level of security when uploading so that they can be accessed by a one time link or renamed after every use using some kind of token generation. Nothing complicated for me, perhaps for some people on this thread and elsewhere on the forum it may be a bit too much.....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    I believe he is the aforementioned "expert", or at least that's what his Client Co thinks
    A true contractor, in fact!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just rename the sensitive file to "shopping list.doc" and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post
    You do realise that they are CDNs and completely unfit for what you're trying to achieve right?

I believe he is the aforementioned "expert", or at least that's what his Client Co thinks

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    A total legend in his lifetime though....

Oh, hang on.......

He's not even capable of speccing his own PC
    But he's an expert dev that's had his dream gig.....

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Never have I seen a plan that shows how little the op knows.and given I get the totally idiot clients that saying something.
    A total legend in his lifetime though....

Oh, hang on.......

He's not even capable of speccing his own PC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X