• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Surface pro 4 users, Is it comfortable to use of the lap?"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
    Recorn I can get away with LTDCo buying SP4 and a travel to China for R&D ?
    In all seriousness yes of course you can and if you do you sould contact UKTI they might give you some money

I got funding to travel to California when I was trying to get plan B going a few years ago. 50% of travel plus some other funding, we went for 6 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    looks like I can settle for a chuwi Hi12 .... if it is on par with my Linx1010B

or a Dell Venue 11 pro

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    My client has bought one of these for each site and yes they are amazing but bar a few IT geeks playing with them no one has touched them since. Far too complicated for the average users. For general needs its just too much.
    Glad to see the public sector utilising tax payers money responsibily

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    My client has bought one of these for each site and yes they are amazing but bar a few IT geeks playing with them no one has touched them since. Far too complicated for the average users. For general needs its just too much.
    Best Smart TV money can buy. Couple it up with a Bose surround sound system and you're future proof

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I was playing with one of these earlier this week and they are bloody amazing. That is saying something for someone that does not really like Windows devices. This one is a winner but not very portable. In fact you better be damn sure about your lift detentions and corridor sizes before you order one because the big ones come on a scaffolding rig that cannot be tipped.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    You could go full Mark Thomas project and get a proper Surface...

https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-surface-hub/en-gb
    I was playing with one of these earlier this week and they are bloody amazing. That is saying something for someone that does not really like Windows devices. This one is a winner but not very portable. In fact you better be damn sure about your lift detentions and corridor sizes before you order one because the big ones come on a scaffolding rig that cannot be tipped.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    looks like there might be a gap in the market here for SP4 accesories

A poly carbonate clam shell to hold the SP4 + keyboard together as one unit ......

It's likely to interfere with the cooling which is already questionable being all passive

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    looks like there might be a gap in the market here for SP4 accesories

A poly carbonate clam shell to hold the SP4 + keyboard together as one unit ......

Last edited by css_jay99; 16 November 2016, 15:29.

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    I found that it was okay if I used it as a tablet, you can flip the keyboard cover over completely as a base stand so actually, works quite nicely. Downside is that I have to use the on-screen keyboard and the pen but have gotten use to it.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Have to echo what others have said, as I found the Surface Pro 3 a bit uncomfortable on the lap......MyCo had a pow-wow about it and went for a Surface Book to replace it

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    The quality of Dell products has declined steeply in the past couple of years. From servers, to laptops. And i'm talking about both the electronics and the assembly. I have seen scores Dell laptops delivered to ClienCo going back for replacement the next day for crap like defective GPUs, RAM, dents, shell/body not fully closed you name it. And we are not talking about the cheapest of their lines but XPS and high end Inspirons.

But i guess having £60ish billions of dept is a valid reason for cutting corners...
    So the consumer brands then. I've not seen the same issues with the business machines probably because the 3 year next day on site repair encourages better quality control.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I guess Surface Pro 4 is not on Santa's list then

I was looking for a complete detachable 2-in-1 rather than the Yoda style which could make the thickness unbearable in tablet mode.

The Latitude does fit the bill but I guess I was only willing the pay that type of price only on a surface pro 4... A search on the dell website has lead me to a Venue 11 Pro which looks cheap enough on fleabay
    Hint, Dell outlet...

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    The quality of Dell products has declined steeply in the past couple of years. From servers, to laptops. And i'm talking about both the electronics and the assembly. I have seen scores Dell laptops delivered to ClienCo going back for replacement the next day for crap like defective GPUs, RAM, dents, shell/body not fully closed you name it. And we are not talking about the cheapest of their lines but XPS and high end Inspirons.

But i guess having £60ish billions of dept is a valid reason for cutting corners...

Leave a comment:

• css_jay99
    replied
    I guess Surface Pro 4 is not on Santa's list then

I was looking for a complete detachable 2-in-1 rather than the Yoda style which could make the thickness unbearable in tablet mode.

The Latitude does fit the bill but I guess I was only willing the pay that type of price only on a surface pro 4... A search on the dell website has lead me to a Venue 11 Pro which looks cheap enough on fleabay

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Surface pro 4 didn't work out for me for couch potato mode, so i went for the surface book despite the eye watering price tag.

If you are after something cheaper look at http://shop.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/
    Last edited by sal; 15 November 2016, 11:38.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X