• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Galaxy Note sales hotting up"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    oh aye, where'd you hear that?
    I was sitting in CW when the senior cabin crew asked me to unplug explaining that it was a fire risk. He didn't ask what I was charging, just said to unplug.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    club world
    oh aye, where'd you hear that?

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Latest on this... you are no longer allowed to charge a device in the drawer in club world. Samsung have ruined it for everyone!

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I'm very happy for you. If you prefer an Android platform it isn't much of a solution though, is it?
    True, looks like Google is the big winner here as I imagine a lot of potential Galaxy/Note punters will opt for a Pixel (which looks quite good)... Wonder how long it is before some bright spark uncovers something like the following in the last Android update from google

if (phoneType == 'Samsung') { battery.explode = true}

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
    Meh... I'll stick to my iPhone thanks.
    I'm very happy for you. If you prefer an Android platform it isn't much of a solution though, is it?

Leave a comment:

• SlipTheJab
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    A gift to the Google Pixel, an open goal for them.
    Meh... I'll stick to my iPhone thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Samsung have permanently stopped all galaxy note 7 production
    Samsung factory, yesterday

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Samsung have permanently stopped all galaxy note 7 production

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by sal View Post
    Apparently they rushed the production of Note 7 to overshadow the lacklustre iPhone 7. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...
    A gift to the Google Pixel, an open goal for them.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Apparently they rushed the production of Note 7 to overshadow the lacklustre iPhone 7. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners told to turn off device - BBC News

One Samsung owner was heard saying "wait two years and Apple will be doing this too"

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    On the flight to Vegas they specifically mentioned the Note in the safety speech and said it had to be off and had a word with one lady they spotted with one as well so they are all over this.

Leave a comment:

• sal
    replied
    Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
    On the flight on Monday was don't turn it on, and don't leave in the hold. Nothing mentioned at check-in, just in the safety instructions. I'd heard about the recall, but not this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-ga...light-illegal/
    Good thinking on part of FAA, considering this:

Fire on Plane Caused by Replacement Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - Mac Rumors

Leave a comment:

• anonymouse
    replied
    Samsung Note 7..not safe for flying

On the flight on Monday was don't turn it on, and don't leave in the hold. Nothing mentioned at check-in, just in the safety instructions. I'd heard about the recall, but not this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-ga...light-illegal/
    Last edited by anonymouse; 5 October 2016, 22:14.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is the Gruniad considered reliable in this section of the forum?
    Its as reliable as the moderation of the forums

Leave a comment:

Working...
X