• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which Noise Cancelling Lync/Skype Headphones"

Collapse

• dundeedude
    replied
    I use a bluetooth plantronics voyager legend with half a boots' wax earplug in the other ear if it's serious noisy - but such situations are rare for me, thankfully. Most physical large bulky headsets I tried were a PITA. Bluetooth is stable and I can walk to the kitchen no problem during conference calls. Firmware update 107 seems to sort out most reported issues. Dirt cheap second hand on ebay too.

There's a decent charging case for it too, if you're the traveling type.

Boots Pharmaceuticals Muffles Wax Earplugs 5 Pairs Ear Plugs - Boots

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    buy cheap buy twice.
    And still pay less, generally

Slightly off-topic but I came across these this monring. Wonder if anyone has looked into them?

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...your-ears--4#/

Leave a comment:

• Chuck
    replied
    I've tried various when working from home, including Plantronic, Logitech, and other names I forget. All were ok, but not much more. The range is poor, so if you want to go and make a cup of tea while on a conference call, forget it.

Compare this with the Senheiser ones that my client use, and you can almost walk to the shops, or go on holiday with them, the range is excellent. Mind you, they are over £200 a set so they should be good.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    Think I have plumbed for the Evolve 40's, can't see the point in getting wireless ones unless you are going to use them out side the office, and who would want the mic boom when just listening to music?!
    I have some very similar looking Jabra ones supplied by Clientco (except they're single ear ones). Assuming it's a standard feature, the microphone boom sticks to the headstrap by way of a little magnet, you'd barely know it was there. It doesn't detach though.

BTW, shed loads of them have been broken by people not retracting the ear pieces into the head strap before zipping them into the travel pouch so.....fair warning!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Does the mic boom detatch easily?
    Give it to my kids. They will prove it does.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    I don't think it does, look at the official material they all show the mic, folded away but still attached.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Think I have plumbed for the Evolve 40's, can't see the point in getting wireless ones unless you are going to use them out side the office, and who would want the mic boom when just listening to music?!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by redgiant View Post
    I have been looking at these as well as the Jabra Evolve 65 (Jabra EVOLVE 65 headset with quality microphone) as my current Plantronics C510 headset is falling apart. I'm concerned that the Backbeat pro will be too huge to carry around. Have you got one of these EinsteinJnr?

I am keen to move to Bluetooth as I can switch between my phone and laptop as the headset allows me to pair with both.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Decided to read the instructions for the Momentums and it turns out you can use them as a USB headset - the USB cable is used for charging, but you can use the headphones as USB audio when plugged in to your computer.
    So, in a roundabout way, my suggestion was valid and hits the brief (for once).
    Well done son, well done!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Decided to read the instructions for the Momentums and it turns out you can use them as a USB headset - the USB cable is used for charging, but you can use the headphones as USB audio when plugged in to your computer.
    So, in a roundabout way, my suggestion was valid and hits the brief (for once).

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    This is why I love this place, in my mind a specific set of requirements (wired, for Lync/Skype) and recommendations for everything else but what I asked

Thanks for those who have "helped" so far though

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    High: Sennheiser MOMENTUM wireless Headphones with integrated microphone (am just about to try them out on my laptop for VOIP call)
    I have these, Momentum Wireless 2.0 (over ear) and they are simply awesome 'phones.......my go to Gym pair, replacing Shure SE315s.....but I haven't used for Lync - disappointed that I didn't think of it, could've been a MyCo purchase

Leave a comment:

• Einstein Jnr
    replied
    I have been looking at these as well as the Jabra Evolve 65 (Jabra EVOLVE 65 headset with quality microphone) as my current Plantronics C510 headset is falling apart. I'm concerned that the Backbeat pro will be too huge to carry around. Have you got one of these EinsteinJnr?

I am keen to move to Bluetooth as I can switch between my phone and laptop as the headset allows me to pair with both.
    Hey redgiant, I tried them last year and have been wanting to get a pair. I use the voyager legend and it most of its features are now in the Backbeat pro - now that I am working from home, might get a pair as I tend to work listening to music.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied

On my iPhone Skype often fails to maintain the connection to my BT headset. I've reverted to a wired headset. After quite a bit of investigation this is not an uncommon problem with Skype

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Be aware that if you cancel out the noise in the ear buds, you won't be able to hear your own voice though your ears. That can be very discombobulating - I've gone out and bought non noise blocking headphones which I use for calls.
    ^ This. If you cannot hear you own voice, or there's a slight delay, because what you are hearing is going to the other end and coming back to the earphones, it will completely screw your brain, and you will sound like a robot monotone to everyone on the call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X