• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yosemite Upgrade.. yes, no?"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    My upgrade worked fine, I had to upgrade Parallels (presumably the same thing that affected VMWare)
    It was - some sort of interrupt mask that you could cure by writing some setting to the nvram. It worked for me and there was no need to upgrade Parallels or VMware Fusion, but I did anyway.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    My upgrade worked fine, I had to upgrade Parallels (presumably the same thing that affected VMWare)

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Cheers folks.

Will do it over the weekend, time allowing.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    I had to upgrade VMWare fusion as the version I was using didn't work on Yosemite. Might just move to VirtualBox. Nothing else though.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    The only issue I had was that it comes with Apache 2.4 rather than 2.2 like the last few versions of OSX. Needed to fix a few config problems but nothing major.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Had the beta and upgraded to full release, no issues so far

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Upgraded a few days after release, not had any issues other than having to reboot the time capsule to get the backups running again.

I dont do much other than general office work on it though.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic Yosemite Upgrade.. yes, no?

Yosemite Upgrade.. yes, no?

I appreciate there will be older threads covering this but it's a dynamic situation.

Client Co's VM-ware now supports Yosemite as a host. So, is it stable enough to upgrade on my main machine? Is there anything that's still buggy enough to be a PITA for everyday work?

I'm not running any Beta stuff.

TIA

Working...
X