• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: uk pedophile

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "uk pedophile"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I think all organizations were worried 20 years ago. And nowadays they are super worried. And a good thing really.

What annoys me is that due to events of 40+ years ago some organizations are still tainted. It stops people volunteering to help with young people if it is assumed that the only reason they do it is to abuse kids.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Would be surprised if there were many, 20 years ago when I was involved in Scout leading the Brass were terrified of such a thing happening and it was actively monitored.
    I think all organizations were worried 20 years ago. And nowadays they are super worried. And a good thing really.

What annoys me is that due to events of 40+ years ago some organizations are still tainted. It stops people volunteering to help with young people if it is assumed that the only reason they do it is to abuse kids.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Don't the call that voyeurism and isn't that just as bad?
    funny.

There were actually some honest and caring people who were holding themselves responsible for any infractions.

Unlike it seems in the BBC or the medical professions.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Would be surprised if there were many, 20 years ago when I was involved in Scout leading the Brass were terrified of such a thing happening and it was actively monitored.
    Don't the call that voyeurism and isn't that just as bad?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    scout masters too.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    But its not just that case. Catholic priests. I bet there are a few school teachers and scout masters too.

The difference in the Savile case was that he was a big celebrity. So he was considered more untouchable.

Hes dead now. Quite a few lessons have been learnt.

Question - are there more lessons to learn?
    Agreed - but will we act on these lessons

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by stevejohnson View Post
    There is also the russia ban on us adoptions, the other day Italian media published reports by bulgarian children adopted in Italy who confessed the staff were abusing them back at the bulgarian orphanage.
    I have no doubt its not just a uk issue unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    But its not just that case. Catholic priests. I bet there are a few school teachers and scout masters too.

The difference in the Savile case was that he was a big celebrity. So he was considered more untouchable.

There is also the russia ban on us adoptions, the other day Italian media published reports by bulgarian children adopted in Italy who confessed the staff were abusing them back at the bulgarian orphanage.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    The point that is interesting is that the police knew for thirty years and didn't come out. A covert, authoritarian system exactly like anywhere else including usa, north korea and china.

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    replied
    The point that is interesting is that the police knew for thirty years and didn't come out. A covert, authoritarian system exactly like anywhere else including usa, north korea and china.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Its worse in places like Belgium and Austria.

But also it was worse the further back you go when people in positions of trust could do what they want.

I wish I could say that these days celebrities could do what they want so could all be shot - but it would be a lie.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    So its fine in the UK to be a pedophile as long as you are paid a lot of money and hold a highly paid job somewhere. I mean uk police has no balls seriously. I mean looks like they have known about this guy for 30 years.
    Yeah, like it's a UK problem..

Klaus Kinski repeatedly raped me during my childhood, claims daughter | World news | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• stevejohnson
    started a topic uk pedophile

uk pedophile

So its fine in the UK to be a pedophile as long as you are paid a lot of money and hold a highly paid job somewhere. I mean uk police has no balls seriously. I mean looks like they have known about this guy for 30 years.
    Last edited by stevejohnson; 11 January 2013, 18:16.

Working...
X