• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch: Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal

It's brightened up a bit as promised, though still quite a lot of fluffy lumpy bits hanging around

Disappointed that Threads isn't first in the "Most Popular" section on iPlayer - or not yet…
    just another apocalypse story. one gets a bit jaded after the 50th or so.
    but, strokes fer folks.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth with a thick crust of wholemeal

It's brightened up a bit as promised, though still quite a lot of fluffy lumpy bits hanging around

Disappointed that Threads isn't first in the "Most Popular" section on iPlayer - or not yet…

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Today's "Scrambled Maps" was a bit of a bugger
    lot's of twisty little pictures of sky, - all alike.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Overcast. Wet from from this morning's rain. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 forecast. Rain expected over lunchtime after which the clouds may part enough to allow some sunshine through. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

HWMBO's eldest is passing through London and is staying over tonight. They're off to the theatre this evening to see David Tennant in the Scottish play. Meanwhile I am off to meet a friend for lunch and see a matinee performance of The Duchess featuring Jodie Whittaker. All very Dr Who themed in a totally non Whovian manner.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg, 17.5 in the kitchen, 14 in the leanto.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.1 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 993 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric: dehumidifier not on long enough to matter).

Meanwhile on the 20th of November 2019 there was discussion of chicken & sweetcorn soup (texture resembling wallpaper paste apparently) plus mention of the Wispa bar and Aero, with some preference for the former over the latter whereas WTFH was helped by the postman to transfer the shopping from the car to the house.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:19.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Slightly soaked on the walk. Still raining.

Watched the first episode of Ludwig last night on iPllayer, found it very funny and lots of it I could relate to.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rosy fingered dawn to start with but once you get much above the horizon, the sky is overcast. It's likely to clear to some degree from around nine onwards though, and a clear night tonight means it may get rather chilly. 6°C now ("feels like" 2°), high of 10°, and likely to get down to 2° before sun up tomorrow; the barometers are up to 991/999mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This evening's reading has been the first couple of chapters of The Siege by Ben Macintyre, concerning the 1979 Iranian Embassy business that brought the SAS to public attention

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today's "Scrambled Maps" was a bit of a bugger

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been gammon with chips, fried egg and beans, being some gammon roasted a long time ago which has been lurking undetected at the bottom of the freezer. Tasted mostly OK though

This was accompanied by Bombing Brighton: The Plot to Kill Thatcher which was very interesting, I thought - particularly the contributions from Patrick Magee, who planted the bomb.

I'm not going to watch Threads tonight as it finishes a bit late for my decrepit sleeping habits. But it'll be on iPlayer, at least for a while, as will (I hope) the other programmes about Porton Down and so on

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    A reminder that Threads is on BBC4 tonight
    <-Sheffield .

A reminder that Maigret is on TalkingPicturesTV at 21:00 this evening.

It's the one where the Judge is caught trying to dump a body in the river. .

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A reminder that Threads is on BBC4 tonight

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce)

Somebody in the larger of the two Art Deco blocks has been having new flooring or carpeting laid this week, and they're using the carpet place that was across the road from the old flat. So I get the nostalgia kick of looking out of the living room window and seeing one of their vans parked across the lawn

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Damp and overcast. It was quite bright first thing. Much rain overnight. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 17 expected. A break in the cloud anticipated this afternoon. Barometer down to 986 mBar.

On site today. ConsultancyCo tried to tell me not to come in due to them not being here today but I have to be here for other reasons ...

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Drily damp.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 17 deg, 18.5 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto (ok: it's warmed up in the living room due to the dehumidifier).

984.3 mBar, 29.066 in Hg, 738.3 Torr, 14.276 psi, (up from 984 last night), 68% RH (Lidl electric: the dehumidifier is on).

Meanwhile on the 20th of November 2019 LM got her first ZenChury, apparently it was cold in sluff according to vetran who was travelling to Potters Bar, whereas I was off down the dump with yet more garden waste, the stuff that I burn baby burn these days instead.

And it's another morning where I work at 04:30 and read until 06:30. Which served to advance my way through the "Westerns" epic.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 78%.

Flowers put on parents' grave by my sister & me.

Examination of the grandparents' graves was alarming: WTF did all those brambles come from? Minor hacking thereof occurred but major operations needed shortly when armed with suitable protective gloves & cutting tools.

No idea what state my other aunt's grave is in since it's only reachable in March when the above ground knotweed is dry and dead and the daffs are in flower to show WTF the grave is.

Nice lunch with sis.

Sat in the park until it rained, then went for another coffee. I even paid for this one. .

Had a nice look around Neath, then another look around Neath from the top floor of the new multistory carpark.

Came home & massacred yet more honeysuckle, during which another A400M flew overhead. I think "they" are monitoring my pruning efforts.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: book.

Maigret and the Judge's House (1991) with that Bruno Cremer chap who reminds me of my Dad.

3 minutes of "Threads" which was quite enough.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:33.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X