• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    No more telly tonight as I finished reading The Siege. Excellent stuff, well worth reading if you're interested in such things

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Son's scrambled eggy lunch followed by 38m walky. Shorter than usual but it's grey and rainy.
    I assume that "m" stands for minutes, not miles?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been twirly pasta bol

Accompanied by the one remaining episode of the Brighton cops thing on All4, which served to remind me that I don't actually like Brighton much

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Son's scrambled eggy lunch followed by 38m walky. Shorter than usual but it's grey and rainy.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: leftover pork chop in a wholemeal bap

No apple sauce because I've run out

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    ClientGov have approved my request to change to a four-day week so henceforth, Fridays are my own!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull, damp from much overnight / early morning rain. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Chance of more rain over lunchtime. Barometer at 1011 mBar.

HWMBO has gone home and I'm still job hunting.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    ClientGov have approved my request to change to a four-day week so henceforth, Fridays are my own!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 14.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.751 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile for the 21st of November 2019: see yesterday's post above. .

Trip to that Swansea to dispose of this month's accumulation of books. And pay the CC.

Bought some Ed McBain books and found "A small town in Germany" in an M&S compilation of LeCarre early novels, which was satisfying.

Didn't buy "A Most wanted Man" because I thought I had it (not on my list) and it transpires that I don't have it. Ho hum.

Shopping trip to Tesco on the way back: washed dried sanitised and put away.

Lunch: there was.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Tea: chilli con carne: nice enough for sommat that came out of a tin. Fiery with the added chilli powder.

Entertainment: book.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 78%.

Schama waffling on about rivers & stuff.

Oak Island bollox: the metal detecting moron is even more irritating. And this week they still ain't found anything. Last week's green thing is made of brass apparently.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 20:58.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Gloomy grey start out, with traces of recent rain and more of the same due. Not very warm either at 6°C but feeling like 2°, with an expected high of 12° late in the afternoon. The barometers are tiptoeing down again at 1002/1010mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    This morning saw the usual Monkey Life but later, the US borders stuff had been on innumerable times before so only lasted a few seconds. Some of the Antipodean policing was newish though, I think

This evening, Inside Porton Down: Britains Secret Weapons Research Facility was quite interesting, though I'm sure they didn't show us the best bits

And I've read Days 3 and 4 of The Siege. Things will be coming to a head soon…

Monday again tomorrow. Could they not just do them every other week, or something?

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Me and local son not going to visit his twin bro in Leicestershire tomorrow as he's not feeling well. Probably an excuse to avoid ghastly relatives. Bit relieved really as didn't fancy the long drive. Spring or summer would be better anyway. So - lazy day tomorrow, just local son at pub for lunch.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been the last of the homemade chilli lamb burgers, in a sesame seed bun with fries. Very nice; I must make those burgers again

I'm feeling a bit meh again today. Not sure if it's the lingering effects of the flu vaccine, or yet another benighted lurgy. Probably picked something up at the surgery; they're always full of the diseased

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ham toasties for lunch

Leave a comment:

Working...
X