• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been oniony chicken casserole

And the mundane laundry has been done

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    All clothing has been laundered and I have an empty washing basket until the end of the day.

Contemplating doing a towel wash.

It's still raining.
    Ah, that reminds me - I need to put the mundane laundry on! I'll do it now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been some M&S chicken bites. TBH I didn't fancy them much, but they were on their Use By date so I thought I'd best get rid

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    All clothing has been laundered and I have an empty washing basket until the end of the day.

Contemplating doing a towel wash.

It's still raining.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Email arrives from Sainsbury's about my account being up the creek, this being the Sainsbury's account not the Nectar account - they've linked the two, so the latter having been broken by some Russian hacker means the former is also bust.

It asked me to reply with various personal details so they could "validate" my account. It also contained a number of basic grammatical errors, which is perhaps not unexpected from somebody who has to work customer support on a Bank Holiday, but seems suspicious as some of them were in what I assume is standard boilerplate text. It's from a Sainsbury's email address, but it isn't exactly unknown for email systems to be compromised.

So I posted the details requested, including the case number from the subject line, on their website contact form instead, along with a PDF of the email. Then I replied explaining what I'd done, and why. Sorry, Bank Holiday support person, but you really need to keep an eye on that grammar if you're sending emails on behalf of a corporation that can presumably afford a grammar checker, and whose own banking website warns that scam emails often have poor grammar

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Overcast. Wet. Raining. Set to remain in a state of wetness of one level or another for the whole day. Currently 14 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer down a bit to 1008 mBar.

Assorted wearables in the WM.

White pudding is quite common north of the border and our hotel in Dublin last month had it on the breakfast buffet. Like black pudding (which I also like) it's not something I tend to buy but will enjoy eating when it's available.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Walk has been walked, 8.9km for the day so far.

mmm white pudding. Much prefer it to black pudding.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

Have you ever given white pudding a try? That's mainly oatmeal and stuff. Completely different.
    I was thinking of that just before you posted: the butcher up the top of the road (now a hairdressers*) used to have black pudding & white pudding, haven't seen the latter for donkey's years.

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts with high cloud.

Cool in here at 14.9 deg, 15.5 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.562 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of September 2019 I had liver & bacon with onion gravy for tea which didn't sit well with LM, after I'd spent some more time patching the hole in the slates with yet more epoxy and bath sealant, whereas NF had a chicken leg in a bap.

*It's no longer a butcher's shop because David the butcher was boning some meat & stabbed himself in the groin, severing an artery. There was a traffic jam in town due to some gas escape (I remember the cloud of dust & crap from it) and he was dead before he reached A&E (which at that time was in Neath General Hospital rather than in Morriston). That was in 1977.

Oddly enough all the butchers in town were wearing chain mail aprons for weeks & weeks until the shock wore off.

This morning's dream before waking involved some convoluted Make file jiggery pokery that wasn't working well. Curiously I can no longer remember the machine I was working on trying to accomplish that, but I think it must have been the System 1000 program loader or somesuch: converting some uncommented undocumented CAP-16 assembler so that it ran under MTS rather than RTOS (which I accomplished, but unfortunately introduced a bug or two whilst doing so).

The bug, such as it was, was caused by the E register being used for some variable or other, which was unfortunate inasmuch as the E register was the return address for a subroutine call. It took a little while to fix that. What I should have done is run a SCMP on my version and on the original version which would have shown up the errors, rather than some poor tech struggling to find a fault in a piece of ATE which wasn't faulty. Mea Culpa & all that.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked for the first time in a week, last Monday night being the recurrence of whatever is recurring.

Four orange tip butterflies, a Peacock butterfly, and some unidentified brown that didn't alight.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. That loaf was just verging on a touch of blueness.

Entertainment: TWATO: it went <click> remarkably quickly.

Veronica Mars S2 E3 "Cheaty Cheaty Bang Bang": the one where Veronica discovers fraud by a classmate's dad, whose trophy wife (Charisma Carpenter) is banging another classmate who's her ex BF.

Tea: spag with the last of that foul tinned bol: it's gone now & won't be replaced.

Entertainment: no Mentalist: this explains the return to S1 E16, E17 & E18 last week.

NCIS S20 E15 "Unusual Suspects".

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:36.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Fairly sunny start out, though with a goodish amount of filo pastry cloud across much of the sky, which is expected to remain through the day. Currently 12°C with a daily target of 18°, while the barometers are essentially unchanged at 996/1003mB - the anomaly of not being a completely unchanged 996/1004 is due to rounding errors

Happy Bank Holiday!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Misty out.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The incessant repeats of US borders and NZ policing were largely ignored this afternoon. This evening, the latest episode of Surgeons was about emergency surgery, which was quite interesting; and then a few more old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Have you ever given white pudding a try? That's mainly oatmeal and stuff. Completely different.
    I haven't! Might give it a try if it ever comes my way

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been a nice fry-up

I'd got some black pudding from M&S as I wonder every few years if I like it yet, having loathed the stuff since early childhood. No, I don't, is once again the answer; one small bit of it was enough to get it shoved to the side of the plate and left for dead. Not sure I'll bother trying again

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The bed linen was brought in around 4pm. Slightly damp but mostly dry. The duvet cover never went out on the line and was draped over the airer instead.

I never did any gardening out the front.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X