• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Shopping done!

Seen on this occasion for the first time in ages: another person wearing a facemask!

I went to M&S first, primarily because the slippers I bought when I got this place are falling to bits so I need new ones. Just under two years they've lasted, but I've been working from home all that time so they get worn all day rather than just for a few hours in the evening

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's a bit windy out. My weather app reckons it's just a light breeze

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

Might go shopping in a bit but there's a minor point about the house sale that cropped up this morning and our conveyancer is on leave, so I'm supposed to be getting a call from one of her colleagues. Been waiting since about eleven

Might strip the bed and leave that to air

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy start and a bit dull but the sun has started to break through. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 26 expected. My weather app has a thunderstorm warning for a vast swathe of the country but no such excitement is actually forecast for where I am. Barometer continues downwards to 1023 mBar.

This morning's excitement, so far, is changing the Brita water filter and putting away the dried bed linen.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

I woke around eight and thought I might as well get up. Luckily, I then fell asleep again and woke for the second time nearer ten, and I reckon I feel better for it

It's a grey day out again, but also quite mild at 16°C with an expected high of 21° - though the breeze is apparently making it feel like 12°. The barometers are down a little but still fairly high at 1016/1024mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

'you are in a maze of little twisty passages, - all alike'
    "Your patient questions whether you are qualified to perform a colonoscopy"

Edit: yes, I know that is not the correct response, but I am no longer a yoof.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And at various times throughout the day, I did bits with the maze stuff which is coming along nicely

'you are in a maze of little twisty passages, - all alike'

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ah! an other old fart free day today. Tues old fart art, old fart U3A meeting, old fart karaoke, Weds old fart group walk and very boring old fart history group talk, loony old fart lady 1 tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    ^^^Ah, the fall of Attila the Hen aka The Great She Elephant. I was in the bath when I heard that had transpired. .

Morning.

Thursday judging by the racket on the road earlier.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 17.6 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

1020.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1021 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of November 2019 DaveB's gardening oiks had cut down a rowan tree thusly causing the lightning and thunder, while the weather was so inclement I forewent my walk, NF was making stew, and LM was ordering gallons of plonk to take away the pain of WFH.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    ^^^Ah, the fall of Attila the Hen. I was in the bath when I heard that had transpired. .

Morning.

Thursday judging by the racket on the road earlier.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 17.6 deg, 19 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

1020.5 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1021 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of November 2019 DaveB's gardening oiks had cut down a rowan tree thusly causing the lightning and thunder, while the weather was so inclement I forewent my walk, NF was making stew, and LM was ordering gallons of plonk to take away the pain of WFH.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:19.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was a NEW! Police Interceptors :

And at various times throughout the day, I did bits with the maze stuff which is coming along nicely

This evening, I finished To Catch a Spy, in which Thatcher's government failed at everything it attempted to do in connection with the matter, and MI5 was finally put on a legal footing, which was the one thing Thatcher was most opposed to - but she'd been booted out by her own party by then

I did a bedding wash today but forgot to put it on until later than was wise, so I'm now waiting for the tumble dryer aspect of the machine to decide it's satisfied with the dryness of the sheet and pillow cases. Once it is, I can go to sleep

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I'd like to go to bed. In order to do that, I need to make it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: the remainder of the pork belly slices in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, with chips

Leave a comment:

Working...
X