• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    For those who feel there aren't enough apocalyptic nightmares around at the moment, BBC4 is showing Threads next Wednesday, accompanied by several more-or-less related programmes: https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6b/2024/10/09

This will, I believe, be only the fourth time it's been broadcast by the BBC in forty years

I assume they'll be showing the recent HD restoration, which I have on Blu-ray.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just got a reminder that some ramen kits are arriving from Wales tomorrow. I'd completely forgotten ordering them last weekend. Jay Rayner recommends them, so I'm quite looking forward to them - well, one of them; the others are for the freezer. Anyway, that's tomorrow's tea sorted out

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy but with blue patches. Dry. Currently 16 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1019 mBar.

Got offered an interview for a perm role. Waiting for the email with a selection of dates and times to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a bowl of Heinz oxtail soup with white toast

Still quite sunny here, though with lots of cumuli and the like floating about too

The morning has been quite enjoyable, as all I've been doing is sitting in on a Slack call with a couple of other people who are actually working on something. It's supposed to give me a chance to see how they work, get a general idea of the underpinnings of the project, and maybe even help out if I happen to notice anything that would help. So it's all very undemanding

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Cold side of chilly in here at 14.2 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen (before the kettle warmed it up a bit), 13 deg in the leanto, 9 deg in the saltinghouse.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (up from 1015 last night), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of November 2019 I made a trip down the dump with green waste, then watched the end of BTVS S5 which is always a bit of a downer (in more than one way), whereas BR14 had started the contract for someone he'd told to feck off.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cotton in the WM.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:12.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Bright red sunrise in a largely clear blue sky this morning, though the grouch in the weather app insists on calling it "party cloudy". Not so warm with open skies though it'll warm up later: 7°C now, 16° expected. The barometers are up again at 1011/1019mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    A few more chapters of Eternity read

Only Thursday tomorrow? Not good enough; it really should be Friday by now

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was pork steaks with chips and beans

And it was accompanied by an old Traffic Cops

Then Jessica Jones: A.K.A. Crush Syndrome being S1E2 of said series

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a bacon bap (white)

For a few minutes this morning, it looked like I might have some work to do. But it involved working with someone else, and they've got a lot of meetings today so they aren't going to get started on the thing in question until tomorrow

So I'm back to looking through documentation and the like. Might poke around a few GitHub repos of relevance later, just to see how bits fit together

Outside, it continues windy and drizzly

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Local history group lady just been round to use my laminator for some posters. Nice to have a bit of company. Been invited to a quiz this evening, not sure as got no brain anymore. Won't know any answers unless about dinosaurs or periodic table.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull, overcast, damp. Not currently raining but the forecast says to expect it mid afternoon. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Barometer up to 1012 mBar.

No other news to report at this time.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless (after yesterday's lovely sunset).

Chilly in here at 15.2 deg, 16.5 in the kitchen, 14 in the leanto.

1010.3 mBar, 29.834 in Hg, 757.787 Torr, 14.653 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 18th of November 2019 NF posted Monday Links and toddled off to the pharmacy to get his monthly fix, whereas BR14 had been set up by the client for the job I thought he'd told them to feck off for.

Entertainment: The Coming Storm on R4.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unexpected sunshine and gloom.

Lunch: there was.

Five lawns duly mown. I wish I knew what I seeded that bottom bit with, it's twice as lush as the rest and the seed all came from Wilko, allegedly the same stuff.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 77% (making up for the 50% this morning).

Tea: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: book. That Smiley, wot's he like?

Maigret and the Flemish House (1992) with Bruno Cremer. I've watched this three times now and it was worth while watching it again. Odd to think the little boy is now in his 30s.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 21:59.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again, with copious traces of overnight rain. Not overly cold for the time of year at 11°C with a high of 15°, though the breeze means it "feels like" 5° right now. The barometers are creeping back up at 1002/1010mB and the already breezy breeze is expected to get breezier, with a chance of the odd shower now and then

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast, but about 6C warmer this morning than yesterday. I was wearing too heavy a jacket on the perambulation.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was a new Police Interceptors

And a few more chapters of Eternity have been read

I suppose I'd better get some sleep now; there's a definite risk of being expected to do some work tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X