• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    I emptied some boxes of booze onto a shelf, creating no additional space whatsoever and still have four boxes (24 bottles) that have no home. These are ones that are rarely used and only useful for cocktails so they might go into the cupboard under the stairs for now with better labelling than the the "random" I've currently scribbled on the box.

HWMBO has rebuilt the BBQ ready to use tomorrow.

Decided to visit Mum on Tuesday rather than tomorrow as we're going to the cinema tomorrow evening.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Hi people.
    today has been mostly plumbing and IT related.
    fitted new karzy seat, fixed flush and cistern level.
    resurrected an old, creaky* win98 laptop by replacing battery, installing 16Gb memory (I had old SODIMMs in a drawer), and installing Linux Mint64. - cost 35 quid for the battery.
    works fine for what my mate wants(email,chrome,libreoffice).

*just like me, this entropy thing is overrated.
    nice lazy sunday

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The bed has been stripped and left to air while the laundry gets laundered.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Millenium x10

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Morning denizens

Grey morning out, and a bit breezy too, with the big sycamore undulating and the conifers shimmying. Mild though, at 16°C and heading for 19°C. The barometers are essentially steady at 1000/1007mB

I had a rather poor night's sleep, often waking for no obvious reason. This continued until some time after seven, when I decided I might as well get up - which, of course, caused me to immediately drop off and sleep solidly until nearly ten
    Your body is used to you being up at the weekend until 3-5am. It simply can't cope with you going to bed at 11pm on a non school night.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    And that remind me I must see if Brillo is around when I'm in Llandudno next month.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Millenium x10

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    the

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    grab

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    to

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Time

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey morning out, and a bit breezy too, with the big sycamore undulating and the conifers shimmying. Mild though, at 16°C and heading for 19°C. The barometers are essentially steady at 1000/1007mB

I had a rather poor night's sleep, often waking for no obvious reason. This continued until some time after seven, when I decided I might as well get up - which, of course, caused me to immediately drop off and sleep solidly until nearly ten

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I see that great swathes of the A24 (my preferred route) are also closed. Google is suggesting convoluted route to get to the A3 then down through Petworth. A route I never particularly enjoyed driving. HWMBO has made the wise suggestion that we go tomorrow instead.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Almost time to hit the garden.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Still cloudy but much sunnier than yesterday. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Barometer continues its slow downward trend to 1010 mBar.

Off to see Mum today. With the M25 closed it'll be interesting to see what the surrounding roads will be like.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X