• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of Monkey Life earlier, followed as usual by more wildlife stuff, in which they've now managed to shake the shark obsession almost completely

And this evening, I finally found time to read some more of To Catch a Spy in which Peter Wright has now managed to convince himself that his boss is, like almost everybody else (in his view), a Russian spy

Early night now, as Monkey Life is on the early shift again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It finally brightened up and is quite a nice evening. I took advantage of this to take a walk round to the kebab shop for tea

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There must be some form of sporting event on the telly as the lads in the flat upstairs are getting somewhat agitated

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The clouds parted and there was about 2 hours of lovely sunshine. Then it came over all dark and ominous. The heavens opened with a mild rumble of thunder.

I was going to pop to the shop but I shan't bother now.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Dry and getting a bit bright now, so off for a late wonky.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Overcast, dull, wet. A light rain has fallen pretty much all day. Currently 16 degrees and the high was 18. The rain is supposed to stop and the sun come out early evening. Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

Weather apps reckons it'll be a sunny and warm bank holiday.

This morning I popped over the road to the farmers' market and bought more pullet eggs. They don't take back the trays for reuse. So much for sustainability.

This afternoon I went through all the skills assessments on the national careers service website. Apparently I'm well suited to a life in the legal profession because I can read even though I said I didn't like persuading people to my point of view. Because I got one question wrong on the numeracy test they don't recommend I do any work with data. I did very well on the mechanical, visual spatial tests but less well on abstract image stuff.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a bowl of the herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a crust of wholemeal

The rain seems to have moved on, but it isn't brightening up yet

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rainy grey day out, though it may brighten up a little later in the afternoon. Not that warm either, being 15°C on its way to 18°. The barometers are up a small amount at 991/999mB

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Woodland volunteer thing cancelled due to weather. Prob. spend the day scratching me nose and staring at the wall.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.9 deg, 20.5 in the kitchen, 17.5 in the leanto.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 748.56 Torr, 14.4747 psi, (down from 1000 last night), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of November 2019 BR14 was watching A British Guide to the End of the World, all good clean fun.

Lunch: there was lunch.

Entertainment: Fringe S1 E9, E10, E11, E12, E13, E14, E15.

Tea: spag with sort of bol. Meh.

Dixon of Dock Green S22 E8 "Reunion": a group of coppers meet up to remember a botched op from 20 years before that led to the death from drowning of one of their colleagues. Quite a sad ep to round it all off.

Sledge Hammer. S1. Seemingly endless. Wish I hadn't bought this pile of garbage, it seemed much more amusing 35 years ago than it does now.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:52.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

A bit wet out. Delaying the perambulation until it eases, or maybe I’ll just let Max have a swim in the garden.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Went with Loony Lady 3 to cinema last night to see Blink Twice. We left less than half way through, such an awful film and the sound was so loud.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was That Thing You Do! (1996) about a small-town band in the mid 1960s achieving a smash hit with their first single when it gets picked up by a major record company (represented by Tom Hanks, who also directed). A jolly nice film, and the eponymous song is great - I'm now wondering how long it will take to get it out of my head

And as the new Planet of the Apes film is now available without having to go to a cinema and catch Covid-19, I've started building up to it by rewatching the Caesar trilogy which began with Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011)

And then a further episode of S4 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Get yourself to Gordon’s Wine Bar.
    Looks like a nice place but I don't see any real ales listed on their website, just a lot of wine

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Get yourself to Gordon’s Wine Bar.

Anyway, TFBSZ
    That place has been on my to-visit list for years

Leave a comment:

Working...
X