• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Scorchio! Blazing sunshine unhindered by the occasional lumps of fluff. Currently 24 degrees and it may make it to 25. Barometer down to 1024 mBar.

Lazy morning. Was informed by the letting agent that the landlady has decided to take an offer from another person who agreed a 5 year fixed term with the furniture. Then HWMBO and I took a drive to my storage unit in Chiswick to see what I had in there (not a lot) and take a look at a slightly larger unit in case I need to store more furniture. My currently unit will easy will take my fridge freezer the BBQ plus additional assorted junk.

I do find it very interesting that the Renters (Reform) Bill, that is pending its second reading in the Lords next week, will remove fixed term tenancies in favour of all ASTs being periodic rolling contracts. It surprises me that landlords and agencies are heavily pushing fixed term tenancies even though they will all covert to periodic tenancies some time after the bill comes into force. Maybe they all think it won't get through or is far enough away that they can still push for 5 year terms.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch was some more Southern-not-fried chicken from the freezer. Been there since last autumn, I suspect. Anyway, there's a couple more drumsticks from this lot to eat and that'll be all of that particular form of leftover disposed of

Lunch yesterday, BTW, was Heinz tomato soup and white toast. Can't have the record remaining incomplete

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    [QUOTE=ladymuck;n4289295]

So it was, apologies for the inexcusable oversight. No idea how that happened (other than a distinct lack of paying attention)[/QUOTE

no worries. hope your homelessness gets sorted soon.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

High overcast.

Cool in here at 16.9 deg, 17.5 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 77% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Meanwhile on the 26th of September 2019 there was much discussion of operations, retirement (not the Blade Runner version), Spitfires, satellite signal dropping out,

Trip to Swansea to visit the bank, and to visit Oxfam to get rid of more books.

The good intent was spoiled by the visit to HMV to buy The Mentalist boxset, disappointingly they didn't have the 2019 Veronica Mars so I suppose Amazon will have to do instead, then a visit to WHS where some John Le Carre epics were purchased. It's many years since I've bought any of those.

Brunch: was taken, since I don't have breakfast before the trip to save visiting lavatories whilst in Swansea.

Entertainment: thing about the Miners Strike on R4.

Some bollox about discipline in skools: can't run at any time during the day? WTF? Have to request permission to take a jumper off? WTF?

Just came out with "The best years of your life" bulltulipe.

Walk (abbreviated due to heatstroke despite discarding 3 layers now the May is out) walked in the unbearable heat of the afternoon.

Also needed to be back to watch:

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S2 E7 "Nobody puts baby in a corner". The baby sitting one.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 14:32.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

TFIF, etc.

Slept in big time this morning and only had time for about 4,500 steps before work.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

"Cloudy" says the weather app, but that seems a rather unfair description of the high haze that slightly filters the sun's glare yet seems unlikely to halt the steady march of the thermometer from its current 14°C to the dizzy heights of 23° this afternoon. The barometers are showing a degree of restraint though, being down slightly to 1012/1020mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another episode of the motorway programme was consumed along with tea. Then I started reading The New New Thing by Michael Lewis, about Jim Clark of Netscape, Silicon Graphics, and various other enterprises. I originally started reading this the other year but wasn't in the mood for it at the time, as evidenced by the bookmark just a few pages in; I've got further this time

Friday tomorrow! About time too

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Flat rental negotiations have stalled. The landlord has stated they do not wish to remove any furniture. If the letting agent had advertised the property as furnished I would never have bothered going to see it, so I am now very grumpy about the time wasted.
    Very annoying

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

I say work, - I mean consultancy
    V persuasive chap. fully remote. loadsamoney*. interesting project.
    I was getting bored anyway, and i've run out of authors.

*TBC - awaiting final offer on day rate
    That sounds relatively harmless

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea, then, has been crispy chilli beef with aromatic rice. It was rather nice, actually. I'll bear that one in mind for the next time I can't be bothered to cook after going shopping

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    HWMBO has fired up the BBQ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It's a beautiful spring evening, summery even, so what could be better than going to Sainsbury's! Quite a few things, I imagine, but here we are

On the way I was able to pop into the chemist's to get the monthly prescription, because they open until 18:30. I have a feeling they stopped doing that for a while, but Google said they did now, and it turned out to be right. Then onwards, but only to Not-So-Big Sainsbury's as I didn't need a huge amount

The route back from there adds a bit of a detour if I want to go to the chip shop. Instead I got a ready meal, which I do occasionally to remind myself of why I seldom get ready meals

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Flat rental negotiations have stalled. The landlord has stated they do not wish to remove any furniture. If the letting agent had advertised the property as furnished I would never have bothered going to see it, so I am now very grumpy about the time wasted.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Yesterday, 16:09.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Thanks, but it's books i'm running out of, not stultifyingly boring TV. covbob is the TV enquirer.
    no-one writes good SF anymore, - it's all recycled crap, based on proper books from '50 - '98 ish
    So it was, apologies for the inexcusable oversight. No idea how that happened (other than a distinct lack of paying attention)

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

For some reason I failed to post yesterday morning's weather observations.

Anyway, it's dry and sunny out with hazy high level fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Yesterday the barometer was up to 1028 mBar but today it's dropped back a bit to 1027 mBar.

sadkingbilly I'm surprised no-one mentioned The Curse of Oak Island. There's 11 series of stuff to watch that will definitely require no effort on your part.
    Thanks, but it's books i'm running out of, not stultifyingly boring TV. covbob is the TV enquirer.
    no-one writes good SF anymore, - it's all recycled crap, based on proper books from '50 - '98 ish

Leave a comment:

Working...
X