• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    10C when we went out for our perambulation, which may also explain the better night's sleep.
    Nice aurora last night, and a few meteor trails thrown in for good measure.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start but with cloud that's expected to increase, and it's also expected to be a bit cooler today: currently 15°C, not getting any worse than 24°. The barometers are steady at 997/1005mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I know!
    Calm down Liz Truss.

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The only telly tonight was an old Police Interceptors and it turned out I'd seen that one before too, so I hope they start making some new ones soon

Warm night, but the weather's going to be a bit more sensible about it for the rest of the week

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's exceptionally cool!
    I know!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    As all the bed linen dried, it can go straight back on the bed. Which reminds me, I really ought to make the bed...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The official Commando Comics Twitter account has posted a list of all the issues my Dad wrote for them!

https://x.com/commandocomic/status/1...234027292?s=61
    • JUNGLE ACE
    • ZERO BASHER
    • TRAIL OF A HERO
    • GHOST SERGEANT
    • HAMMER OF THE JPS
    • BIG JOE
    • TOP GUNNER
    • CARSON'S PRIVATE ARMY
    • KELLY'S ARMY
    • MAN OF IRON
    • WINGS OF WAR
    • CANNONBALL CASEY
    • RIVER OF DEATH
    Turns out I've still got two of them, Jungle Ace from 1964 (missing its cover) and Man of Iron from 1968
    That's exceptionally cool!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: sausages, chips and beans

The air conditioner is doing a good job of keeping the living room at a tolerable temperature this evening

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The official Commando Comics Twitter account has posted a list of all the issues my Dad wrote for them!

https://x.com/commandocomic/status/1...234027292?s=61
    • JUNGLE ACE
    • ZERO BASHER
    • TRAIL OF A HERO
    • GHOST SERGEANT
    • HAMMER OF THE JPS
    • BIG JOE
    • TOP GUNNER
    • CARSON'S PRIVATE ARMY
    • KELLY'S ARMY
    • MAN OF IRON
    • WINGS OF WAR
    • CANNONBALL CASEY
    • RIVER OF DEATH
    Turns out I've still got two of them, Jungle Ace from 1964 (missing its cover) and Man of Iron from 1968

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Gotta say, despite the heat, it's great drying weather. Load 1 of bed linen was dry by the time load 2 was washed.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

Not a huge thunderstorm, and it's moved on towards Melton Mowbray now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thunder!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's warm out! First load of bed linen is out in the garden draped over airers. At some point I will figure out how to put up a washing line.

I need to go to the post office and pick up a few things from the shops. I have been trying to work out which items to get from which shop in order to pay the least. Tesco and Morrisons are a bus ride away and Sainsbury's and Lidl are around the corner. This feels like multiple trips required to get everything.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, a mix of wispy and lumpy cloud but plenty of blue sky about. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 32 expected . Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

Bed stripped and is airing, with the first load in the WM. The whites and cottons cycles don't work with the time saver option, I notice.

Today's task: more fruitless gig searching. Maybe I should search for a fruit-based gig.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X